PDA

View Full Version : I love Amazon CS

Radosti
12-09-2007, 07:37 PM
I ordered the Hasbro inch along ride on to give to my niece in April for her 1st birthday (it's $12.99). I was fully aware of the fact that it came with a free toy from the 12 weeks of Christmas by Hasbro promotion. Yet, somehow, I forgot all about it until 24 hours later. Amazon has very uncharacteristically already shipped everything in my order. I called to ask if anything can be done about the free toy. The guy wasn't able to ad it to my order, but he just gave me a $10 promotion instead to use on my next order... which at my rate will likely be this week. Awesome. My DS didn't need the cell phone transformer anyway.

Sillygirl
12-09-2007, 10:00 PM
I've been impressed, too. I ordered a case of canned goods from them and a few of the cans were really dented - like bent almost in half. I called and they sent me a whole new case!

nupe
12-10-2007, 01:04 AM
I find it is hit or miss. I had ordered organic milk boxes and one of the cases had a box that had leaked all over the other boxes and out of the inner box and onto the outer box. Big mess. The first time I contacted cs i was offered a $2 credit since they couldn't send me another one b/c they no longer carried the item (which they did). I waited a week and told CS I saw it was in stock and asked them to send another case, which they did. So eventually it worked out.

I recently bought an item w/rebate and then found there was a problem with the rebate. The CS person deducted the rebate amount from the price. Better than I expected. So overall I have been happy w/CS, but sometimes I need to be tenacious.

Cristiana
12-10-2007, 02:11 AM
Yeah, I'd consider them to not be the greatest. Mostly because I've just had to file with the BBB, the Attorney General, the FTC, and then my credit card company to get the money back that they owe me. Long story, but I'd never recommend Amazon to anyone after all that! :)

brittone2
12-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Ditto Cristiana. I just had major issues w/ a Dyson they were selling as a Full Access. It came without the accessories that have always been on that model. Nowhere on the vac or the box does it mention it is a Full Access model. Several people called and some were even told by Dyson that no, the serial number is not that of the Full Access. One person was told this was a model originally made for HSN. The picture differs slightly from what I received. I got a $60 credit from Amazon toward the $118 in missing accessories. Some people got the full $118 refunded. Some people got nothing.

I've never filed a dispute with my CC, but this time I did. Like Cristiana I filed with the FTC, Washington state Attorney General, and the BBB as well.

I'm so done with scAmazon.

ltmommy
12-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I had to open this to see if the title was a joke. Last year my father sent me a bunch of random things as a Hanukah gift, and I ended up sending most of them back. They credited me for only one of the returned items. I then spent TWO MONTHS and about 10 phone calls trying to get the rest of the credit. They never denied that I had returned the items, but they couldn't seem to issue the credit. At one point they even sent me an email saying they had credited my father's credit card (ack - I didn't want him to know I returned everything!!!). I would talk to someone and they would say they had fixed it, and it would take about a week for me to receive the credit... and then nothing.

I have also found it incredibly confusing to deal with all of their little store owners. I had one experience where the store shipped the item but never sent me anything, no shipment notification, no tracking number, nothing. I just got the package a week or so later. Then again, I just ordered some of those Kee-Ka shirts and got lots of notification, and they arrived really quickly.

bubbaray
12-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I had to open this to see if the title was a joke.

Yes -- I thought it was a joke too!

I also ordered the Dyson vacuum that Beth mentioned. It was falsely advertised, definitely a bait & switch situation. I ended up refusing delivery of mine and will probably purchase one a double the price at Costco Canada. I won't be shopping Amazon again (or at least not for a long time). They SUCK.

Radosti
12-10-2007, 04:55 PM
I saw the Dyson deal and the fallout. I guess it soured a lot of people. I have never had a problem with them correcting their mistakes. Once a package got lost (well, it made it all the way to the UPS center 30 miles away and then got shipped to CA). They sent out a replacement package. I ended up getting the original package 2 weeks later.

I ordered 4 cases of Horizon milk and it only had a month expiry, so they refunded me the cost of all the milk, I actually wanted replacements for the 2 cases we didn't use, but refund on all 4 was better.

TaChapm
12-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Yup...I'm right there with you on this Dyson Mess! I will NEVER buy from Amazon.com again because of that. I will not support a company that is so unfair in the way they treat their customers. They admitted to me in an email that the vacuum I had received WAS NOT a DC14 Full Access and then turned around and told other customers that it was a DC14 Full Access. They have also removed all negative reviews regarding the incident. Amazon is a completely dishonest company and although they might have great deals at times it isn't worth it for me to support them.