PDA

View Full Version : Check out Meredith's collage (i.e. shameless pic promotion!)

MeredithsMom
05-28-2005, 08:30 AM
I posted this in the lounge but thought I'd post it here as well, at "home" in RL. It's still a work in progress and I'm hoping to use some form of the collage for 1st b-day invites (not original amongst the BBB cognoscenti, but it's something new for my friends and family!).

Just to make it RL-relevant, there is a Gymbo Tiger Club jacket and Hanna pilot cap in there. LOL :-)

Thanks for looking! Isn't it amazing how much they change in a year?

p.s. did anyone else do this for invites? did you use a local printer, Shutterfly, Ofoto, etc?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/26413.jpg

murpheyblue
05-28-2005, 08:44 AM
What a beauty! Such an expressive face and you've captured it so beautifully! Great job!

mindeva
05-28-2005, 08:47 AM
Joyce-
Meredith is just stunning. Such a precious face! It is amazing how much they change. It is also amazing you are already planning for invites...you are on the ball!

meshell
05-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Oh she's darling! Such great pictures! Can I ask (and others please chime in as well) what photo software is best for doing collages? Easy to use, too, as I'm not that computer savvy?

Buffys Mommy
05-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Meredith is so adorable. I love how expressive she is.

We did a collage for Sarah's first birthday invites. I left one square pictureless and wrote Guess who's one? Then on the inside I designed the text. I ended up having them done at Kinkos because I was running out of time and also having trouble getting my collage to fit (ofoto kept cutting off portions of the edges).

Tammie
Momma to Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url] 19 months and counting

urbanmama
05-28-2005, 11:18 AM
Oh my goodness, I love it! Great collage! And how adorable is Meredith? I just love how expressive she is. You got some great shots!

jk3
05-28-2005, 11:50 AM
That's fabulous! I love her expressions. So cute!

Jenn
DS 6/3/03 ... Almost 2!

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

tadylkat
05-28-2005, 12:18 PM
Gorgeous! Great job, Joyce.

lrucci
05-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Joyce,

That is gorgeous. Of course it's got to be when you have such a beautiful and expressive model. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

squimp
05-28-2005, 01:20 PM
You did a fabulous job! And what a doll she is - I love all her different expressions.

MeredithsMom
05-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Thanks so much for looking, everyone! I think I'm just in shock that I actually figured out how to use new software AND completed a project during Meredith's naps (other than cleaning the house or reading the boards, LOL). She definitely has lots of different experessions. I love the curmudgeonly one in the last row, second from the left. She was at MGM studios in Disney eating some baby food, but the expression on her face looks just like my late father's. It's amazing when you catch a glimpse of something like that!

meshell--I used Photoshop Elements, which I think is pretty good yet still fairly affordable. I'm not to sure about other programs. I actually just downloaded the trial version at www.Adobe.com . I plan to buy the software now that I know I like it, but one could just use it for the 30 day trial, save the collage to her computer, and hence make it for free.

Buffys Mommy--I like the idea of having a text square too. I'm going to see if I can make that happen. I know what you mean about Ofoto, too. Both Ofoto and Shutterfly were cutting off the edges; last night I finally got Shutterfly to show the whole collage, albeit within a white border. So, still some technical things to work out. I have a few months, though!

Thanks again all for looking. You are all too kind. :-)

heidis2girls
05-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Meredith is gorgeous! You did a great job with the pictures and the collage!