PDA

View Full Version : Preschoolian question

mommyj_2
06-01-2005, 09:00 PM
I'm thinking of getting DS a pair of sandals and a pair of the tennies. I know which sandals I want, but can't decide on the sports shoes. Has anyone bought the mesh sport shoes? Did you like them?
Also, what are the pros/cons of each closure style (velcro vs. the two different laces).
TIA!

jubilee
06-02-2005, 01:50 AM
I've had the velcro, the zip up, and the elastic sport lace. My favorite is the elastic sport lace! Just slip on, and they've never slipped off and Logan can't get them off by himself. However, later this year I'll switch back to the velcro style so that he can put on his own shoes. :)

SAHMommie
06-02-2005, 10:59 AM
We have the mesh shoes with the sport laces. I like them alot.

SAHMommie

Gena
06-02-2005, 11:55 AM
We have the mesh shoes with Velcro and I love them. (My little guy hasn’t figured out Velcro yet). We also have some shoes with traditional tie laces. Usually, I put lace locks on those, so we don’t have a problem with them coming untied. We haven’t tried the sports lace yet. My son has really wide feet and I need to be able to open the shoe all the way (pull the tongue all the way forward) to get his feet in. I’ve been concerned that with the sports lace I wouldn’t be able to open the shoe wide enough for his foot.