PDA

View Full Version : Sizing questions about J&J

baby
06-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Sorry that I dont know how to post pics but I would like to order some dresses and I would love to know if they fit big/small/weird, how do they look in real life. And if you can post pics of your kids in them that would be amazing!

My baby is 8 months and wears 12-18 months. I'm ordering 12-18 and 18-24.

So the dresses I want to get are:

-floral kimono wrap dress-spring green- I heard something about it being very geen?

-floral wrap dress- hyranga- i love it but the price is 31 rather than 20 like the others.

-floral ruffle dress- poppy

- linen stripe dress with silk sash- will the linen looked creased?

Thanks so much,
Ashley

MeredithsMom
06-05-2005, 07:35 AM
Hi Ashley!

I have many of these dresses for my DD but, unfortunately, she hasn't worn them yet. She is currently almost 10 months old, 29 inches tall, and 18 lbs. That puts out of the height range of 6-12mo in J&J, but WAY below the 22 lbs the 12-18 stuff starts at. It's getting a little tough to dress her lately! I have the Tailor Made green kimono dress for next summer in 18-24 months and it looks very, very big to me. Same with the French Country poppy dress. One summer just wasn't enough for me and the poppies. LOL. I have the linen stripe dress in 12-18 and it is in the running for her birthday in August.

I haven't really helped at all, right? I would guess, though, that the 12-18 months would be your best bet for something you want your DD to wear now. Meredith is wearing 6-12 right now in two J&J dresses and still has room to grow (out, not up!).

How much does your DD weigh?

indy1710
06-05-2005, 07:57 AM
Hi!

I have found J & J to run very big. My daughter just turned 2 and is wearing the 6-12 month size dresses. She is small for her age however at 17.5# and 31".

It's not letting me attach a pic. I'll try to add a couple later.

erzzie
06-05-2005, 09:00 AM
My daughter is much older than yours--she's just a little over 2 years. She is 26 lbs and 33 inches tall. J&J is usually very consistent in their sizing--but their sizes are very "heavy" for the height. She is actually considered too tall for their 12-18 month but that is what fits her best, in pants. And even that size really could use some extra elastic in the waist. I think that's why that size fits...they're usually falling down off her waist a bit so they look a little longer!

For shirts, they seem to run a bit closer to her age and she usually wears an 18-24 months size. Occasionally I can get away with a 2T but that varies.

For dresses, I buy 18-24 month size. The only exception I've seen to this lately is the apron dress on the current line which is running a bit smaller--I'd (love to) buy a 2T in that one.

Hope that helps a little. J&J's website has their sizing chart--where does your daughter fall on their height and weight?

baby
06-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Thanks so much everyone. She weighs 21 pounds and is 90th percentile for height and weight. I would love to get the dresses in 18-14 because I want her to have room to grow and she doesnt have to wear them right away, but if for someone reason they are way too big do you think she'll still fit into them next summer? I would love to buy ahead, she's growing so fast but I would assume she'll slow down soon. What do you all think? Am i safe with 18-24? I do actually have one dress thats 18-24 from JandJ its the all lace off white with a sash-fancy dress and although its big on her she can get away with it so thats why I feel like getting 12-18 doesnt make sense.

Ashley