PDA

View Full Version : Hanna zipper rant - update.

papal
06-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Seriously, can't they offer an option where there is a snap-tab to prevent kids from unzipping the zipper?
If anyone agrees, please can you send an email to Hanna with that request? Hopefully enough requests will make them aware of the issue!

ok, end of rant.

Update:
If I put a thin tank top or camisole over the zipper, leela is fooled and not able to reach under to get to the zipper. For now, this is what i am doing.. thought it might help someone else.

bluej
06-04-2005, 07:07 PM
I agree! It was bad enough that Ryden would be taking his zippers off upon waking in the moring, now he takes his diaper off! I have started more days than I can count cleaning poo out his crib (I think I might need to put a potty chair in there with him!).

I'm off to write a request to Hanna!

Marisa6826
06-05-2005, 12:32 AM
And this is why all my Hanna zippers have holes in the collar from safety pins.

It KILLED me to put holes in them, but I'd rather do that than clean up poo. Gotta pick your battles!

The other option, although admittedly a PITA, is to put them on backwards. It works!

Oh, and FWIW, the Gap ones have the snap at the collar. It just means that Sophie is .025 seconds slower in getting off her jammies :P .

-m

ddmarsh
06-05-2005, 06:42 AM
This is what prompted us to stop using them. For some reason without the zipper there as enticement, Lily will not pull off regular pjs. We have also started to use nighties which are 100% adorable :).

Marisa6826
06-05-2005, 07:38 AM
We've recently gone back to trying two piece Gap jammies. Since they have kitty cats on them, Sophie is more inclined to keep them on.

But if she's bored (or ticked off) they're soooooo off in a flash!

-m

mysweetboy
06-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Somehow I've held off buying a Hanna zipper...now I'm not sure that I will. For that money, they should be foolproof. ;)

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04
and a sweet baby girl due 10/05!

C99
06-05-2005, 01:21 PM
I think it just depends on the kid. I don't want to jinx myself, but so far, we haven't had the off-in-the-night problem w/ jammies.

brigmaman
06-05-2005, 09:00 PM
I like the tab because it keeps the zipper pull pointed down, so it doesn't poke Cadie. I also have a problem with the cuffs on the arms and legs being way too tight. They are hard to get on. :(
I've ended up using my Circo (or Cherokee) sleepers more consistently than my Hannas.
ETA: I have an older zipper from Brig. I could have sworn it had the tab. It was also a roomier fit and the cuffs were stretchier.

nitaghei
06-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Rashmi,

The Gap has PJs with a zipper and a snap tab, but they are super skinny and long, so they probably won't work for Leela. FWIW, the snap tab isn't enough to prevent Neel from taking off his PJs if he wants to - any more than snaps on his dipe stop him from taking off his dipe. :)

You know what's the worst of all possible worlds? The stupid velcro tab that LL Bean puts on their toddler PJs. Now, I LOVE LL Bean - but velcro has to be the stupidest idea ever. Not only can any kid just rip it off, it snags in the wash. Grrrr. But, they are cut much wider that the Gap ones. I thought of removing the velcro and just sewing on a snap, but haven't have actuall got around to doing it. They're supposed to be instock soon, if you're looking for new PJs for Leela.

Nita (wool is my crack)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

papal
06-06-2005, 09:40 AM
You are right Nita, the Gap PJs (and Garnett Hill) are too skinny for Leela... i am thinking of getting some Old Navy pajamas (seperate top and bottom).. she seems to do well with this one pajama set that has regular buttons that my mom sent from india. She can't undo buttons.. she figured out snaps yesterday.. OH NO!!!!!!

nitaghei
06-06-2005, 09:53 AM
This might be a long shot - but I have two old hand-me-down PJs that are one-piece from JC Penney that have snaps all the way, and are pretty wide. I have NO idea if Penneys still carries them, but it might be worth checking out.

And I have a GN (green frogs) Kushies long john which also snaps all the way that Neel outgrew some time ago that you're welcome to have. It's cut nice and wide, and is very soft. It's a weird looking design, but it worked extremely well. Just email me.

I've found that, at least for Neel, he's willing to undo a couple of snaps, but not a whole bunch.

Nita (wool is my crack)

papal
06-06-2005, 09:58 AM
I have one OldNavy footed pajama that snaps all the way... very roomy and has held up well (it is a hand me down)... i will try it today and see if she unsnaps all the snaps.. otherwise 2 piece pajamas, here we come!
Thanks for the offer.. i will let you know!! :)

nitaghei
06-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Rashmi,
Just had a thought - you could use the Hanna opposite stripe set as PJs, too. Neel insisted on wearing his to bed a couple of nights ago. Nice way to use something that's definitely too small for him to wear in public. :)

Nita (wool is my crack)

kozachka
06-06-2005, 03:37 PM
We put a top with buttons over TCP PJs. No attempts to remove it yet but DS loves playing with buttons so I am always on a lookout for loose ones.

I've also picked a pair of thin fleece 2 piece PJs from Target for next winter that has buttons on top. We've been using a mixture of one and two piece PJs lately. DS has lost interest in taking his socks off, which is a reliefe. I size up in 2-piece PJs to accomodate a CD at night. They are actually easier in the morning since I take DS to pee as soon as he wakes up and nurses so we'll be moving to 2-piece PJs. Just wish there were more designs that are not skin-tight.