PDA

View Full Version : Another J&J STT question or three...

tigalig
06-05-2005, 01:28 PM
I have to remove some items from my shopping bag or else. Please help me by answering the following questions:

I'm wondering if we need the patchwork jumper or the patchwork sleeveless top; both seem a bit too much since they're so similar.

Also, for those of you who have the shorts (whether plaid or embroidered), do the diapers show through the crotch area if your dd is sitting down? I have sworn off shorts from Gymboree for that reason and I'm not sure I should try them again now that she's sitting less and moving around more.

Finally, I think I want a table print item, but it really does not look that great OL. What is it like IRL? Do you love it? Or can you live without it?

Any and all opinions will be appreciated. I'm eager to get my order in.

younhiekim
06-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Okay, I'll try to answer your questions but keep in mind that I'm a J&J newbie too! :)

>I have to remove some items from my shopping bag or else.
>Please help me by answering the following questions:
>
>I'm wondering if we need the patchwork jumper or the patchwork
>sleeveless top; both seem a bit too much since they're so
>similar.

Honestly, I'd get one or the other. They're so similar that getting both would be excessive. I personally have ordered the jumper and am waiting to get it. At first, I didn't like the pattern, but when I saw pictures of other girls in the jumper I fell in love. I also read that the jumper is a bit thicker (there's a layer of cotton underneath, from my understanding) and since I have mild winters here -- being in Cali -- I bought Zara a larger size to wear in the winter, w/ a turtleneck underneath and jeans or pink tights.

Also, if you have a messy girl like I do, then the busy patchwork pattern will probably hide stains better. :)

>Also, for those of you who have the shorts (whether plaid or
>embroidered), do the diapers show through the crotch area if
>your dd is sitting down? I have sworn off shorts from
>Gymboree for that reason and I'm not sure I should try them
>again now that she's sitting less and moving around more.

I have the green embroidered ones. Zara's potty trained, but I don't think I can see her underwear in the crotch area. On the other hand, the shorts are a little long on her (she has a long rise so she needs larger shorts) so maybe someone else can answer this one.

>Finally, I think I want a table print item, but it really does
>not look that great OL. What is it like IRL? Do you love it?
> Or can you live without it?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the table print pattern. We have the halter dress. The picture OL sucks; the color is actually not as much an army green as much as a brighter, softer green. While I like the apron dress, I felt the table print halter works better for us. For one thing, white doesn't look good on Zara. For another, she's a slob and I KNOW she'll get some big old stain on the the white; while w/ the table print, if she gets it dirty, it won't show up as much. Also, the cotton material itself is all nice and "shiny" -- that is, it reminds me of sheets that have a high threadcount, and while it's not absolutely glisteny, is of a very nice, soft cotton. The halter is also lined w/ a thin cotton underneath, which "floofs" it up a bit.

However, I've noticed that people either love or hate the pattern. I personally think it's very different and very cool but I can see why people may not like it. More importantly for me, Zara also loves the pattern; she calls it her "table dress" and likes to point out the different silverware and plates on them.

If you want to see a better picture of the pattern, then I would recommend looking at the bib in the pattern. Out of all the items OL w/ this pattern, the bib showed it the best (although that's still not the greatest, IMO).

I hope this helps!

-- YounHie
Hope this helps!

AvasMama
06-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Well Ida... I love this line so I don't know how much "help" I will be, but here goes.

>similar.

Um, yes you do!! These are my favorite pieces. They are just so feminine and funky and pretty. I got the top for this summer to wear with the flowy green skirt from the Seashell Island line. This is a gorgeous combo! I bought the jumper in a size up and plan to have Ava wear it with a white l/s onesie or turtleneck in the fall. A mama on Gymborebel also paired it with denim capris and that is really cute too.

>your dd is sitting down? I have sworn off shorts from
>Gymboree for that reason and I'm not sure I should try them
>again now that she's sitting less and moving around more.

I don't have the shorts from this line, but I am not big on shorts for baby girls. I do have some for Ava, but I generally prefer skirts and bloomers :)

I love the table print halter dress -- wasn't crazy about the bloomer set (or was it a romper?). The dress and the print are MUCH prettier in real life. I hated them online actually. I plan to buy the halter dress for next year if I can get it on markdowns. It also looks adorable over denim capris.

>Any and all opinions will be appreciated. I'm eager to get my
>order in.

OK, this will be NO help at all, but you should also consider one of the floral print items (wrap dress or shortalls). I also did not like this print online, but it is SO pretty IRL and I think it would really complement Mia's coloring. The dress is beautiful and the shortalls are really cute :)

Email me if you want more "help" or if you have sizing questions or anything.

Robyn & Ava

lrucci
06-05-2005, 09:58 PM
>similar.

Yes, yes, yes. :) You can't go wrong with either one. I bought the patchwork jumper and I just love it. It's one of my favorite outfits on Kyleigh - ever. I also like the top and it looks great with the green TM skirt, if you didn't want to get the shorts. If you only want one, I'd say go with what you "need".

>your dd is sitting down?

I don't have shorts from STT, but I do have the pink from TM and the purple from SI. The pink TM shorts are a bit fuller and fit more like bloomers so the diaper doesn't show at all. These shorts match the STT patchwork top too. Kyleigh hasn't worn the purple ones yet so I'm not sure if the diaper shows.

I don't think I am going to buy anything with the table pattern. I'm not too crazy about it, but it does look much better IRL. This is JMO, I'm sure there are people who love it. If you're think you want something in this print, order itand if you don't like it send it back. I like the halter dress, better than the bubble.

Good luck with you decisions. Let us know what you end up ordering.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

tigalig
06-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Thanks ladies! My shopping bag is getting fuller by the minute.

These are my must-haves for now:

Apron Dress
Floral Shortall
Patchwork Jumper
Patchwork Kerchief
undecided on bodysuit
and undecided about patchwork sleeveless top only because I don't think the peasant skirt will look good on Mia and I don't know what else to pair it with. Actually, I can get it for next year and that way, get my fill for two summers. . . can you see my dilemma. :)

I'll probably hold out on the table print halter dress, hoping that it will be available after a round of discounts in a bigger size for next summer too. And now that the cherry layette line is calling my name, I guess I'm definitely OUT for the June no-shopping challenge.

*edited to add that I just saw the Pant with Eyelet Trim from the PC line and perhaps that's the perfect fit for the patchwork top - so my shopping bag goes back up to $200+

parkersmama
06-07-2005, 01:22 PM
I love, love, love the patchwork top and the green ruffle shorts. It is my new favorite outfit! :)

Here are some pics of Amy Grace wearing the outfit this weekend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/3sweetpeas/JandJ%2020050604/IMG_0198-vi.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/3sweetpeas/JandJ%2020050604/IMG_0186-vi.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/3sweetpeas/JandJ%2020050604/F-gMXDlq0atGtHQhUt_nc-.jpg