PDA

View Full Version : Naartjie for boys

almostamom
06-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Well, a Naartjie outlet opened near us. I was so excited to have some new kiddos clothes there (we just have the usual ~ Carters, Gap, Osh Kosh, and Hartstrings). I went in the other day and I must say, they have darling clothes for little girls, but only a few things (and I do mean FEW) for boys and I didn't like any of them! I would say 80 - 85% of the store was for girls. Is that typical of their line? What do you usually buy for your sons? Is there something I should look for? Please help, DS has clothes until he's a year, but once that comes, he's gonna be walking around nekked!!!

~Linda~
DS 11/04
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25049.jpg

parkersmama
06-08-2005, 08:26 AM
I do love their boys clothes for my older guys but I don't think I'd like them much for a baby or toddler. Their t-shirts are terrifically soft and durable and their shorts have worked out really well for us. I size down one size in them both for my boys. I find that their boys lines are always pretty slim compared to the girls lines. :(

McQ
06-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Well it is nothing compared to the girl's line but there's some stuff there I like.

I have a bunch of the short sleeve collared button down shirts for Declan like the moto bowling shirts and several of the checked shirts. Love the jersery 89 shirt. Well don't like the 89 on it but it doesn't really bother me *that* much. What I don't like are all the graphic tees. I tend to go for the plainer ones or the stripes. I recently picked up a ringer tee with an N on it - hated the N so I snipped it off.

Shorts and pants are pretty plain so I have a bunch of those. But they run HUGE. Declan was 2 this spring and is still wearing 12-18m bottoms.

Allison
~ mama to Declan and Meghan

nitaghei
06-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Yes, they do have a lot more, and much cuter stuff for girls. But that's nothing unusual.

The toddler boys bottoms run huge and wide. Didn't work for my stringbean, even with cloth diapers. But they are perfect for a boy like Tarah's (tarasolazy) Forrest, who's the opposite of my DS.

I love the t-shirts - very soft and have washed beautifully. I ended buying 4 at last year's clearance for this summer, and I reach for them before anything else that DS has. I love the "treatment" tees - sort of a tye-dye effect, but that's a personal preference (DH does *not* care for these :) ) Not too crazy about the big Naartjie logos or numbers, though, but it's hard to get away from that in toddler boys clothes. I haven't tried the wovens, because I always get DS's woven shirts from my favorite store in India. I scored a couple of long sleeved shirts for this coming winter, too.

Oh yes, I cannot say enough good things about their cracker wide brim hat. LOVE this!! I wish I'd got more than one, because I hate to pay shipping for just one item.

HTH

Nita (fleece is my friend)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

McQ
06-08-2005, 12:36 PM
I didn't try the cracker hat. We have the cracker pants and jacket. That jacket is great and I scored it for $9.99.

Allison
~ mama to Declan and Meghan

jubilee
06-09-2005, 02:19 AM
I totally agree with you. I am SO uninterested in Naartjie boys. :( I've never been at all tempted to buy anything from them.