PDA

View Full Version : Remember the Beautiful Baby Contest w/ Regis & Kelly?

peasprout
06-10-2005, 06:58 PM
I submitted DD and DS's photos due to a thread here a while ago. Since we obviously weren't finalists, I didn't give it another thought. My issue of Parents (or is it Parenting) came a couple of weeks ago but I didn't have time to flip through it till yesterday. I was just wondering to myself as I was glancing at all the pictures how many of them were BBB kids. Imagine my surprise when I saw DD's picture on the last page! They did three pages of candidates that didn't make it to the finals and there she was! :o) Poor DS didn't make it though.
So if you entered the contest, check out the magazine,...your DC could be in there!!

mattysmom
06-10-2005, 07:12 PM
how cool! congratulations! which one is she??

peasprout
06-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Her name's Alyssa (on the third page) :)
JP

lrucci
06-10-2005, 07:22 PM
I just got my issue today. I tried to look for faces I might recognize, but didn't have any luck. Congratulations to you, that is so neat that your dd is in there.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

audball
06-10-2005, 09:01 PM
We were in it too! :) "Jack" on page 3...

Alyssa is adorable by the way! :)

jubilee
06-10-2005, 11:14 PM
OK- so is it Parents or Parenting mag? I want to check it out!

peasprout
06-11-2005, 01:08 AM
Sorry, it's Parents
JP

jubilee
06-11-2005, 02:36 AM
I can't wait to see these cuties! You should save a magazine for your child to see in the future! :)

MeredithsMom
06-11-2005, 06:27 AM
Cute pics! I was also wondering if there were BBBers in there. I was SO upset b/c I planned to enter the contest and had it in my Bookmarks so I'd remember--then Meredith was a month too young. Argh! Oh well, next year.

tadylkat
06-11-2005, 11:23 AM
Alyssa and Jack are both beautiful!!! How cool that they were included in the issue. BTW, for the poster who asked, it's Parents Magazine.

Just strategizing for the next contest...

Did you sent a digital or print photo?

Were your photos close-ups or did they crop them for the magazine?

Phoebe
06-11-2005, 01:11 PM
That is so cool! How fun to see her in a magazine. When my issue first arrived, I thumbed through wondering if there were any BBB babies in there. So glad you let us know Alyssa's picture made it. Now I'll have to look at Jack's too :)

Mary
DD 4/01
DS 6/03

audball
06-11-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm trying to remember...since I did it kind of last minute..I think I just sent the digital photo on-line and they had size specifications, so I had to do a little cropping, but not too much (it was a close-up shot anyway).

Thanks for the compliment on Jack...it's so awful - I totally entered for selfish reasons; *I* wanted to go to NYC for a getaway ;)...I would have made DH handle the kiddos (haha)!

patricksmom
06-11-2005, 03:54 PM
I will have to take a look...is it the May or June issue of Parents?.....are they the pictures sent into the magazine or the ones you submitted to Regis and Kelly?

peasprout
06-11-2005, 10:03 PM
It's the July issue and I sent the pics to the magazine. I did it online and they cropped it for the layout.
And to think that I was this close to tossing the magazine since it was cluttering up my table!
;)
And Jack is just too cute!!
JP

Melanie
06-12-2005, 10:46 PM
How neat! I will have to look for it. I think my gym stocks it.