PDA

View Full Version : Ava's New Naartjie -- Pics, Opinions Needed

AvasMama
06-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Gotta love how fast Naartjie is -- I ordered Wed. morning and had my package today! I was about to send it all back because everything looked too big but I am glad I tried it on Ava first. I guess I must just be used to summer capris, because it all fit better than I though. Tops are 18-24, pants are 12-18.

First, applique top and quirky stripe pants in Lily. This is adorable and fits well. Definitely keeping this set.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27492.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27493.jpg

Here's a close-up of the color/stripe:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27494.jpg

Second, cheeky top and welt pant in Clot. I like the top but I feel like this set looks too much like PJs or something. What do you think? I really wanted the cheeky dress that so far seems to be BG only :(
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27495.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27496.jpg

Close-up:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27497.jpg

Last, the tea-stained denim pants. These are cuter on than I expected, but I don't know if I love them. I also think I might need to switch to a 6-12 or even a 3 (which is capri-length) depending on the waist measurements because these are too long. Is it worth trying a different size?
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27498.jpg

Close-up:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27499.jpg

We also got the Clot crochet cardigan. It is adorable but the sleeves are way too long on Ava so it's going back.

Robyn & Ava

dules
06-17-2005, 03:43 PM
Hi Robyn,

I'm going to be no help because I'm loving all this stuff. See my post - I think we were posting pics at the same time. I don't think the second outfit looks like pajamas - I got it in sage and am exchanging the top for Clot and returning the bottoms.

I think I might have to order the jeans too!

The dress runs *really* narrow in the chest/tummy so depending on Ava's height it might be OK. I think I'm returning ours not for length but for width through the bodice.

Best,
Mary

dowlinal
06-17-2005, 04:00 PM
I knew I would love this stuff once I saw it on Ava. She looks so cute. I really love the quirky stipe set. I think I agree with you on the cheeky stuff,.
I really like the jeans - I didn't like them on the website but in your pictures they look really cute. Does the clot sweater match them?

A

MeredithsMom
06-17-2005, 06:09 PM
Robyn--

Naartjie needs Ava's pictures on their website! They'd sell even more. It is so helpful to see the clothes on.

I like the stripe set the best, but I like the other two as well. Do you think the second set looks like pjs because the pant ruffles are touching the floor?

Too bad about the Clot cardigan.

I'm still waiing to try Naartjie. Maybe I'll make it all the way to next year and I can buy Ava's Naartjie like I buy her J&J. LOL :-)

sarasmom
06-17-2005, 07:23 PM
All her outfits are really cute!! I have a question about the jeans. I am ordering them for my 8yo. What color top goes with them the best? I thought the trim looked like dark brown on their site, but your pic looks like it is cream with orange stiching?? I was getting a tex top to go with it, but now that I hear its army green, I don't know. Any suggestions?
SARA'S MOM

lctippins
06-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Hi Robyn. Love the first outfit - it looks so cute and comfy. We got the same set in Sage. Like you, I was very surprised that the pants fit. They looked SO long when I took them out of the package.

I like the second set a lot... don't think it looks like PJs at all. If you're not sure though, you may want to try the BG size 3 pants since they're capri length. That's the size Kendall has and they run very slim.

The denim pants don't look too long. Did you roll the waist down? They look adorable on Ava, but if you don't love them... You know there'll be tons of cute fall clothes over the next few months. I always like the way Naartjie's denim pants and capris look on other kids, but they're not really my/DD's style.

Do you like the cardi enough to order it in a smaller size? Just wondering because it's one of two items I'm considering placing another for.

Ava did great considering she's sick! Hope she's feeling better soon.

Lisa - Mom to Kendall, 6/6/03

parkersmama
06-17-2005, 07:47 PM
I *love* the first outfit! That's my favorite combo so far. And the jeans are so cute...they'll definitely be coming to our house! :) I agree with you about the middle outfit. If you think it looks like pjs, you'll never put it on her so you're better off returning it.

Ava is precious as always! Thank her for modeling for us. :)

AvasMama
06-17-2005, 07:58 PM
The trim on the denim pants is brown. I didn't order a top to go with them, but I think the Nec. top in pumice would be cute, or really, almost anything would work because the jeans are pretty neutral. I liked the Tex top on Karen's DD (stillplayswithbarbies) even if it's not an exact match. They didn't make that top in Baby Girl or I would have gotten it :)

Robyn & Ava

AvasMama
06-17-2005, 07:59 PM
The clot sweater does look cute with the jeans! I just wish the arms weren't so long!

Robyn & Ava

AvasMama
06-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Thanks! Yeah, the waist on the denim pants is rolled twice! So I don't think this size will work. I think I will try the 3 instead. I do like the cardie enough that I would order it in another size if I thought it would work. The problem is that it fits perfectly in the shoulders and overall length, so if I size down I think it would be too small overall. :(

Robyn & Ava

momtoemma
06-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Robyn,

That first outfit is TDF! I love it on little Ava! The others are cute, but I saw Wow to the first one! Thanks so much for posting pics!

lrucci
06-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Robyn,

I love what you ordered. The clothes looks so much better on Ava than the do on their website, as usual. My favorite is the second one because I just love that cheeky print, though the pants do seem a bit long - so I can see why you'd think they look like pjs. The jeans looks adorable on, hopefully you can find them in a size that fits because they are so cute. Sorry the cardigan isn't fitting right. It looks so pretty on the website, but even in that picture the arms seem really long to me.

Thanks for sharing.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

karin4
06-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Robyn, she looks great in all of it. Thanks so much for the close-up of the first outfit-- I can see how pretty the color so much better than on the website.

My favorite is the cheeky top, although the first outfit is adorable on Ava. It's just such a pretty print. Hopefully a baby girl version of the dress will appear!

stacyleigh
06-18-2005, 12:30 AM
first i want to thank you for the close ups! those are great!!

i love, love, love the first outfit. the second one is cute too but if you have any hesitations then you might want to send back....it is too early in the fall buying season to buy something you don't love!

i have never bought naartjie denium and was wondering how soft it is? also in your pics the detail pic and the pic with ava seem to show the denium in very different colors....which one is more true to the IRL color?

also do you mind sharing ava's stats?? i am thinking she is similar in age and size to lucy but i might be wrong...

heidis2girls
06-18-2005, 08:02 AM
Ava looks adorable in her new clothes. I love the first outfit, that is my favorite from this line so far. I think I'm going to order that outfit for my girls. I think the second set is cute, but it does look a little like pj's! It is a cute comfy outfit, though, so it really depends on how you feel about it. I wonder if you would feel differently if it were a different color? The jeans are much cuter on Ava than on the website! Then again, most things are!

I have to tell you that when I first saw your pics I thought that Ava was eating a popsicle! I thought, wow Robyn is really brave letting Ava eat a popsicle while trying on new clothes! ;-)

Thanks for sharing!

heidi_timms
06-18-2005, 09:30 AM
Ava looks adorable in her new Naarjie. Thanks for posting pics. I think all of it looks like it fits good. Will she grow into it in the next few months? The 3's are very slim. My DD is thin, but it looked super tiny, so we went back to baby girl sizes for fall.

We just got most of the same combos, but all in Lily. I haven't tried most of it on yet. We did wear the cheeky pants and top yesterday, because we had a leaky diaper at the mall.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

AvasMama
06-18-2005, 09:58 AM
Ava is 31" and about 21 pounds. The denim is very soft -- I have found Naartjie's denim to be softer and lighter weight than regular jeans in general. The color of the jeans is hard to describe -- it's sort of a medium color with a brownish tone (the "tea-stained" effect). The best way to describe it would be "dirty denim" but it is cuter than that term would lead you to believe.

I hope that helps!

Robyn & Ava

jamierush
06-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Cute, Cute! I love the first pic and I am so glad to get a chance to see the jeans on. I was iffy about those , but they look wonderful.

McQ
06-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Love the new Naartjie on Ava! The quirky ourfit is my fave. Looks great on her. I'm not loving the cheeky outfit. Like it but not loving it. What's odd is I felt the other way around when looking on their website so it really helps to see these IRL.

As always, Ava's a doll.

Allison
~ mama to Declan and Meghan

valeriec
06-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Ava is adorable! I LOVE the first outfit, and the cheeky floral top is cute, too. I can't decide what I want to order, but seeing pics really helps. Thanks!

papal
06-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Yoohooo!!! I agree with everyone.. love the first outfit! Not digging the second outfit.. as you said, it does look a little like pajamas to me. The top does look nice with the jeans but I don't particularly love the jeans either.. maybe the brown trim is making me feel it is more grown up than it should be for a 1.5 year old! I am sure other, cuter, neutral jeans will come along soon.. doesn't JnJ make really cute jeans for fall/winter?

tadylkat
06-18-2005, 09:31 PM
Very cute, Ava and the clothes. The first outfit is adorable and I like the second top. I also really like those jeans. I would keep them. :)

cinrein
06-19-2005, 07:03 AM
Ava is such a doll Robyn!! :)

I love the quirky outfit. That was my first pick when the new stuff went up. Not wild about the cheeky outfit. I like the floral print, but not the cut of the pants, sorry.

Thanks so much for sharing these. I never get tired of seeing Ava model.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

khakismom
06-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Oh Robyn, pink is HER color! Everything is so pretty on her, I can't believe how big she looks though! So cute! I think my fave outfit is the second one, in clot! Great color!

zuzu
06-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Ava is adorable, and is looking so grown up these days.

I really like the first outfit. It looks a lot better on Ava that it does online.

I'm sorry to hear the cardi has long arms - it probably won't work for Sarah either, but I may still give it a try.

Thanks for sharing!

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)