PDA

View Full Version : Fall Kelly's Kids

parkersmama
06-20-2005, 03:04 PM
I got a fall Kelly's Kids catalog today and there are some really cute things. Lots of fun, bright colors and dresses with leggings. I think their little boys stuff is cute, too, for the 4 and under set. I checked their website and it's still all spring/summer. Did anyone else get a catalog today?

mykidzmom
06-20-2005, 03:21 PM
I didn't get mine today, but now you've got me wishing I did! :) I haven't ordered from Kelly's Kids in a while, but this season sounds promising...especially the dresses w/ leggings. Hopefully I'll get mine tomorrow.

LucyG
06-20-2005, 03:25 PM
I got mine on Saturday! Lots of really cute stuff, but I think I liked more last year. The dress/leggings sets are adorable, but even more expensive than Hanna! Ouch! Do you know anything about the quality of the knit dresses and leggings? I'm leaning toward Hanna if I'm going to pay that kind of money for a playdress and leggings.

Did any of it remind you of Gymboree? The pink and black with cats seemed like City Sidewalks to me, and the giraffes also looked kind of Gymboesque. Same for the hearts prints. Is it just me?

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]
2 years and counting!

momtoemma
06-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Denise,

I got my KK catalog this weekend as well. I have never ordered from them, but there are some cute pieces in this catalog. The bright purple with dots on it was one of my faves as were the monogrammed gingham dresses. Quite a bit of it reminded me of Hanna...probably the bright color combos. Are you planning to buy anything?

stella
06-20-2005, 09:49 PM
I got it! I really like some of it - especially the giraffe lines. Both red/pink and the brown/tan.

Did you notice that their fleece jackets are a direct knockoff of Hanna Andersson? And their ruffle pants look a little Naartjie-inspired. And the girls playing outside in their striped tights, mismatched dress (well, coordinating) and CLOGS?

I guess KK is wising up to what sells!

I did think it was cute and will prbably order some. I'm usually invited to 5 or 6 different KK parties!

Claire

parkersmama
06-21-2005, 07:12 AM
I definitely thought the same thing! I actually skipped over the pink/black cats thing because I thought, "Been there, done that". Same thing with the red/pink hearts stuff! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

And I definitely think their pricing is on the high side, especially for their quality. I do like that their combos of dresses/leggings are a bit more unusual than Hanna's. Hanna has stripes only where KK has other patterns mixed in.

I personally think that KK quality is hit & miss. I had a dress/tights combo for AG last winter that everyone thought was adorable but I thought it fit funny. The bodice of the dress was tight but the tights could be pulled up to her armpits and they were both the same size!

But, I've liked all the boys things that I've gotten from there and the quality seemed good. My boys are wearing outfits from last summer for the second time around this summer and they still look good.

parkersmama
06-21-2005, 07:13 AM
I'm not sure if I'll get anything or not. I'm ususally invited to at least one party so I'll probably end up with something. If I do, it will only be one outfit but it'll be tough to narrow it down since I liked several things! :)

Little Ladybug
06-21-2005, 09:10 AM
I got my catalog too - Very cute stuff! I know that some people have had issues with KK, but I've had nothing but good experiences thus far (knock on wood), so I'll definitely be ordering some things. I thought that the boys' collections were very cute this time.

Here's a question for you - DS is currently 20 months old, and wearing a KK size 2, which currently has a little bit of growing room. He'll be two years old in October, and is tall for his age. Should I stick with 2s for fall, or go up to a 3? The 3 measurements just seem so big!

khakismom
06-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Ohhh, now I want a catalog. Every season I get one and I vow to get something and then I never do! I haven't ordered any Kelly's Kids in about 2 years. Ellen is just now wearing the stuff I had ordered for Kathleen 2 years ago. :)

Can't wait to get mine!