PDA

View Full Version : OT: Clothing roster for mommy?

tlw
02-26-2007, 02:20 PM
I love the roster idea for my son, and it's made me re-think how I buy what I need for myself. What are you buying for yourself this spring/summer?

lizajane
02-26-2007, 09:00 PM
well, i sew and i am poor, lol! (ok, i shouldn't say poor... but single income...) so i am making myself some things.

i did get a new bikini (see my sig!!) for myself from boden and i LOVE it. got it in two colors to see which one i liked best and now i refuse to return the second color! (we go to the pool every day. they will be well used.)

my basics are:
fabulous, comfortable flattering tees in yummy colors (still no perfect solution, i just go for what i find... nothing has been perfect yet... tell me if you have an answer for me, someone!)

my fav shorts in fun colors- i love jcrew- i go for ebay. i need at least 3 pairs of shorts. 4 would be better.

super duper fun capris in wild prints or colors. same for skirts. at least 2 capris and 3 skirts, for me. planning to make these for myself this year, already made a few skirts last year that will be used again. also like ann taylor loft for capris and skirts.

three quarter sleeved tops- no perfect solution here, either.

really fun dress up/dress down sundresses that can be worn out to lunch or to church. maybe even with pearls to a wedding. had luck at AT loft, wish i could afford jcrew, and got my fav dress at the banana republic outlet last year. also planning to make myself a strapless dress in a super fun sailboat print.

sexy tops for dining out with DH. need more!!! hoping to make a few strapless or spagetti strap tops to go with fun capris and skirts. would love to have more than ONE this year!!!

if i had my perfect wardrobe, i think i would have at least:
6 great tees
4 fav shorts
2 fun capris
3 fun skirts
4 3/4 shirts
3 flirty dresses that can still work for church (add a cardigan ;) )
3 sexy tops
1 pretty, neutral cardigan
2 great two piece swimsuits
1 great one piece swimsuit
1 super cute cover up
2 sexy sandels
variety of flip flops
1 rough and tumble sandals (keens for me!)
and the obligatory old navy tank tops for the pool, the park and the super duper hot august weather!