PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy your DDs panties?

Dcclerk
02-26-2007, 05:37 PM
We just have Gap and Gymboree. Both of my kids are pretty easy-going with this stuff, though, and I am almost positive that neither have the covered waist band. We also received some basic Hanes and some other JC Penney brand, and those didn't seem to have the covered waist band. Everyone raves here about the Hanna underwear, so you might want to try those. I've never gone down that road, since my kids seem fine as is, and I didn't want them to get used to something so snazzy ;) :P

SnuggleBuggles
02-26-2007, 05:44 PM
I *love* the boxers from H&M for ds. The band is so soft and comy. He complains about Hanes and Fruit of a Loom (rightfully so, imo).

So, I have not bought undies at H&M for girls but I would recommend at least looking there. Price and quality is good and they just seem really comfy.

Beth

parker10302
02-26-2007, 06:07 PM
We've had good luck with Hanna Anderson and The Children's Place panties. My DD also complained about the Gymboree's waist band. The Hanna's are a bit softer and cozier the TCP, but so far my DD hasn't complained!

Nicole

mommy to
Grace 10/02
Emelia 4/05

Beth568
02-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Well, my DD is REALLY picky about this. She will only wear Hanna panties, and we tried all different kinds (in fact, my DD is the Sarah in the underwear story that you see in the Hanna catalog ;) -I'm sure she will love me for that claim to fame some day). The waistband elastic is covered, and the leg holes aren't tight, and the cotton is heavy and soft.

If you're worried about the price, try calling some Hanna outlets. I can usually find underwear there.

I, for one, hate undies that ride up, or pinch, or are scratchy, so I sympathize with kids who are particular about this issue. :)

egoldber
02-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Nordy underwear also has a covered waistband. They run very small though I think.

emmiem
02-26-2007, 08:49 PM
I have one daughter that will wear only Hanna hipsters and another that will wear Hanna along with TCP. I don't buy anywhere else.
Michele

lizajane
02-26-2007, 08:50 PM
i have hannas for boys, but still wanted to chime in on how much i LOVE them for DS. he put up with the character kind (for PTing) and baby gap was soft and comfortable. but they got too short really fast and he is very skinny. so i can't be bothered with that anymore. sizing was all wonky, too, as PP mentioned about gymbo. schuyler is ultra sensitive- about as sensitive as a kid can be without having sensory integration disorder. so i decided to nip a few things in the bud, like underwear, jammies and socks, by going right to hanna. SO WORTH IT, IMO, and i am CHEAP!!!

sdbc
02-26-2007, 09:12 PM
We get Hanes from Target. Some patterns have lace, some have covered leg openings. You have to check each package. The pack we got are super-comfy for her.

wilelm
02-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Miriam isn't picky, but we just got some from TCP for the first time and she really likes them. They have a covered waist, and seem really comfy.

Sheila

lisams
02-26-2007, 10:37 PM
DD loves her Hanna panties and she is very picky about how things feel on! She would choose them over the ones with her favorite characters because they felt so much better on. They are more pricey but so worth it!

Marisa6826
02-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Hannas are *by far* the nicest in terms of thickness and covered waistbands. In fact, I wish they had Mommy sized ones!

Talbots Kids aren't bad (their camisoles are nice, too).

Petit Bateau ones are nice but kind of hard to find, as are Tea Collection ones (really pretty colours).

I couldn't bear the thought of sending the Hannas to sit in a spare set of clothes for Sophie at school, so Santa brought her some cheapo ones from Target (Curious George, My Little Pony, etc.)

We've not tried Gap ones yet, since obviously, we're pretty set for now. ;)

-m

bluestar2
02-27-2007, 01:54 PM
We really really like the Hanna ones. She also has some Tea collection ones that fit great, are soft and have nice prints.

saoirse00
02-27-2007, 03:16 PM
I have to agree with the PP who mentioned petit bateau. My 6 y.o. daughter LOVES their underwear. She has some Hanna ones that she doesn't like as much because they are a thicker cotton. She wears a Hanna camisole and a pair of petit bateau underwear every day. My youngest is getting ready to potty train and she will wear Hannas too as she is really fussy about what touches her skin. My son really likes his Gap boxer briefs, but he not all particular. I am convinced that I could dress him in burlap and he'd never even notice LOL!!

Kathryn

debsterchen
02-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Thanks Kathryn for the mention that Hanna sells camisoles. I was just looking to buy some for my DD as undershirts/layering pieces and I didn't think of trying Hanna even though I am in love with Hanna right now. So I picked up the phone and ordered 2 from my local Hanna store to try, thanks again.

-Debbie

KrystalS
02-27-2007, 06:50 PM
My DD is recently potty trained and I need to find her some panties. We've tried gymboree already and she hates them. Their sizing in underwear is also very inconsistent. I bought 5 pair, all the same size, 3 pair are huge and 2 pair are too small! I want something very soft with a covered waist band, I already know that nothing with lace on the band will work. That is what she hated about the gymbo panties. She will probably need a size 3, might could wear a 4.

supercalifragilous
02-27-2007, 07:31 PM
For unders, we are a Hanna house! DD loves the hipsters since they come right below her belly and the camisoles are thicker than the other brands too.

luv_my_girl
02-27-2007, 11:27 PM
My 4 yo wears Gymbo underwear (no complaints about scratchiness, but I've never tried the Hanna ones) but will only wear Hanna camisoles. She wears the two Hanna camisoles over and over, while all the Hanes undershirts and spaghetti strap camisoles just sit in the drawer. Im sure if I coughed up the $ for Hanna underwear then she'd switch to those as well.

Cheaper underwear were a real bomb in our house. We began potty training with Ariel and Dora underwear by Hanes that we got at Target. No go. Some of the Gap underwear was too scratchy as well.

I also agree that Gymbo is wildly inconsistent in sizing. Different pairs wash differently as well, so you outgrow them at different times. Strange.

graciebellesmomma
02-28-2007, 02:48 AM
My daughter loves the Petit Bateau undies..
I buy them from the Aurora PB outlet in Illinois. We go back there
twice a year to visit dh's family and I stock up on panties and camisoles..
They wash so well and just get softer and softer, while holding their vibrant or pastel
colors. LOVE THEM!

MayB
02-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Given the number of people recommending the Hanna panties, I wanted to post that someone on another board said they were told by a SA that Hanna will have an underwear event in early March. Not sure exactly when or what but you might want to wait and see if you're planning on trying Hanna.

mom2binsd
02-28-2007, 06:44 PM
DD hasn't complained and we've only bought character panties from department stores (I not a fan of character clothing but underwear is ok), Hanes, Fruit of the loom, etc, they're cheap and have washed fine, a friend gave me the Nordstrom NKids and they are so thick and bunchy DD didn't like them, so I'll save money on undies to spend on more Gymbo etc.