PDA

View Full Version : salsburg sizing? How do I know what size i need.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
02-26-2007, 11:26 PM
was reading the post about the salsburg clothes the other night and got curious. WOW! they're gorgous. The ebay prices are pretty good and it turns out we have a store in town(yahoooo). I was wondering if anyone knew how their sizing works. The float dresses certainly look like they'd fit differantly than the others,but they're all super cute.
I need clothes for the kids for easter and a june wedding that we're going to. I'm still trying to decide how formal to go but these are so cute that I might have to go more formal. So far i've been considering lands end and tcp which are great in and of themselves. Could anyone who knows about the salsburg sizing please respond. thanks

DDowning
02-27-2007, 01:11 AM
Do you mean Strasburg? As in Strasburg's Children's Store? If so, I find the sizing to be on the generous size.

ETA: Clarified to add that the girls dresses, to me, seem on the generous size. The clothes for DS were more true to size.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
02-27-2007, 01:31 AM
ummmm yep. oops.

VClute
02-27-2007, 07:48 AM
I've only purchased and tried on for a boy so far, but I've found the Strasburg sizing to be pretty typical of other boutique brands - When DS was a year old, he was wearing an 18-24 month, now at 2 he's pretty firmly in a 3t. Hope that helps!

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and let the shopping begin!

A GIRL (!!) Due 3/30/07

saoirse00
02-27-2007, 03:40 PM
I have only purchased for my girls, but have found that the dress run very large. I always order down a size. Through the years, I have purchased at least twenty of these dresses and have never had one be too small. I should say that my older DD is in the 95th percentile for height. If you are looking at the bishop dresses, I would encourage you not to buy too big
b/c IMO they end up looking like nightgowns. HTH!