PDA

View Full Version : Cashback rebates: Boden 7%, Zappos 14%, Nordstrom 10%

supercalifragilous
02-27-2007, 07:23 PM
I was just going through the LuckyMagRewards rebates site and noticed that Boden there gives back 7%!! Ebates gives 5% and I didn't even see Boden on the FatWallet list. For some merchants, I think LuckyMagRewards gives the most cashback.

Does anyone know if there are any sites that give cashback rebates for Hanna or Gymboree??

ETA: I just double-checked and Nordstrom on eBates and FW is 3% or 3.3%, so 10% from LMR is AWESOME!!!!

debsterchen
02-28-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the tip. I happen to be a Lucky subscriber (got a free subscription when I bought something from Amazon.com) so I signed up. I plan on making a boden purchase and a Nordstrom purchase soon so this is great!

-Debbie

jess_g
02-28-2007, 02:54 PM
How do you get the rebate for Zappos? Is it through ebates or another site? Does zappos do coupons like shoebuy does too? They have some sandals I want to get for this spring/summer for me but did not know they did any coupons or rebates or anything like that. It does make the price a bit better with 14 % off.

Thanks,

Jessica.

supercalifragilous
03-01-2007, 01:10 PM
I've received a check from eBates (without asking them) and I have to request my check from FW. The rebate goes to the portal you go through and they cut you a check. Think of them kind of like a bank. It makes it easier to shop different merchants through them and accumulate one big check instead of a dozen little ones from each individual store.

Some people think it's better to go through one portal consistently so you don't have to process checks from different companies (eBates, FW, LMR, MrRebates, etc) but since they all offer different percentages and merchants, I use whichever one gives the greatest amount back. For some top merchants like Nordstrom and Zappos, LMR has them all beat - it's hard to find rebates for 10% or more for merchants I actually buy from!

The great thing about going through the portals is that you can still use any coupon codes you get from the stores, so if you find one for Zappos or Shoebuy, you can use it. I always comb through the Bargains board here, some coupon sites, and go through a rebate portal. It's the ONLY way to shop online!!

Mind you this could also be a bad thing - I spent way too much when Sephora was having their annual F&F 20% sale in November and going through a rebate portal, :p but OTOH, I saved an extra 6% through rebates on stuff that is full price throughout the rest of the year!

Juliasmom05 posted a Shoebuy code on the Bargains board:
20% off sandal purchases at Shoebuy
PRESANDAL07
Expires 3/12/07

kcandz
03-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Have you ever tried a price comparison via portal? For example, if Boden offers 3% back on ebates and 10% back from LMW, Boden's site doesn't up the price of its merchandise to cover the difference? I read some sites cater their pricing to the buyer via some sort of programming.

Just curious.

supercalifragilous
03-02-2007, 11:39 PM
I've heard this too... but I've never had that happen.

Usually what I do is got to the merchant site before checking into a portal, just to make sure my item is in stock.

THEN when I decide what I want, I research which portal gives the most cashback % and then go thru that portal.

Visiting the merchant first ensures you already know the existing price.

Radosti
03-03-2007, 05:18 AM
Omaha Steaks is awful like that. I hate it when I try to go through a rebate thing and the same package I was just looking at for $39.99 is now $59.99

kcandz
03-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks! I tried that today. Created a Gap cart, then opened Ebates, then linked back to Gap. The cart stuck and so did the prices.

supercalifragilous
03-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Apparently it was a special thing LMR was offering for a limited time! Too bad I didn't need anything - Waaaaah! I guess it's like eBates when they offer special double-reward merchants on certain days.

I found another site while cruising online - www.evreward.com You type in the merchant name and it will make a quick list of some of the more popular rebate portals and how much % rebate they are offering. It doesn't list LMR, though, so keep that in mind.

The cool thing about EVreward is that they also post special credit card offers - like 5 miles per $1 for Delta Skymiles card, 2.5 miles per $1 for AlaskaAirlines card, etc. Sometimes that breaks down to be a better deal than getting a straight rebate when you figure out the per-mile cost!