PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the trench or rain coat from Mama Boden?

hudsonam
03-02-2007, 04:07 PM
I am thinking about getting one, as I have never had a spring/rain coat, and really need one. They're sort of pricey, but everything else I've found has been even pricier. Has anyone tried one of these, and do you like it?

mattiew
03-02-2007, 09:55 PM
I ordered one a few months ago but had to send it back because it was too big...it was cute but since it didn't fit I'm still on the hunt.

jvs195
03-03-2007, 08:07 AM
I have one frome last year with big brown polkadots. I get lots of compliments as it's really different. It's more of a canvas-like material with some treatment that they recommend you retreat at some point (not sure how). It's lightweight and very stylish, but the sizing is very big so size down.

cvanbrunt
03-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Mine arrived yesterday! It's the red patterned one and it is really cool. I have a couple of coats and jackets in interesting patterns and colors and I always get tons of compliments when I wear them. I wear petite sizes 6-8 on the bottom and 8-10 on the top. I've got broad shoulders and the Boden size 12 fits well in the torso. Sleeves are a tiny bit long but such is the life of petites. I'll be keeping this!

hudsonam
03-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Thank you! I just ordered a couple sizes to see how it fits. I have a 14 in the Big Button Coat from winter, because I wanted a little more room to fit over sweaters and things, but I think a 12 will probably work in a spring jacket. I also ordered the rain coat to try, but I kind of want a trench for work. I can't wait to get it! :)