PDA

View Full Version : Where to get basic cotton pull on shorts for a boy??

mamasoup
03-07-2007, 08:59 AM
In a not-so-reality-layette size? LOL. He is wearing a size 6 and I need to get a couple of pairs of elastic waist shorts for gymnastics and wrestling and am having a hard time finding them in sizes larger than infant/toddler. I did pick up a pair at Old Navy last night but they are the mesh kind and I really just want cotton. I have found a few online but I think they are a little overpriced for plain ole cotton.

Suggestions? Any that your son loves?

Alicia

C99
03-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Do you want knit or twill?

SnuggleBuggles
03-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Target, sporting goods store (like Dicks- they have them for less than $6 in their kids' section) and maybe Lands' End.

Beth

Radosti
03-07-2007, 01:07 PM
I bought a few carter's basic sports shorts at Kohl's for my DS.

Radosti
03-07-2007, 01:07 PM
I bought a few carter's basic sports shorts at Kohl's for my DS.

jess_g
03-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Gymboree has some nice knit ones for $10. They come in lots of colors (including dark brown the only color pants my son will wear!) and come upto size 10. They are nice pull on shorts perfect for gym activities and have an elastic waist.

Jessica.

jess_g
03-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Gymboree has some nice knit ones for $10. They come in lots of colors (including dark brown the only color pants my son will wear!) and come upto size 10. They are nice pull on shorts perfect for gym activities and have an elastic waist.

Jessica.

mamasoup
03-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I am really looking for some plain jersy cotton shorts, hopefully with a drawstring. No luck at Target, Kmart, Ross or Old Navy (we ended up not liking the mesh ones). Going to check out Kohls, Wal-Mart, JC Penney and Gymboree later this week. Alot of what I see has numbers or pictues on them or they are too long. Since they are used during an activity were he is on the floor moving around alot the longer knee length ones bother him.

I guess I might be off to the outlets soon if I can't find anything. I did manage to get a sweat material pair but at Costco but still am looking for jersey.

Alicia

mamasoup
03-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I am really looking for some plain jersy cotton shorts, hopefully with a drawstring. No luck at Target, Kmart, Ross or Old Navy (we ended up not liking the mesh ones). Going to check out Kohls, Wal-Mart, JC Penney and Gymboree later this week. Alot of what I see has numbers or pictues on them or they are too long. Since they are used during an activity were he is on the floor moving around alot the longer knee length ones bother him.

I guess I might be off to the outlets soon if I can't find anything. I did manage to get a sweat material pair but at Costco but still am looking for jersey.

Alicia

KrystalS
03-07-2007, 09:43 PM
I've seen them at Old Navy.

KrystalS
03-07-2007, 09:43 PM
I've seen them at Old Navy.

C99
03-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Hanna Andersson makes a pull-on sweatshort for boys (and girls). They are not super cheap, but they do last a long time.

kcimato
03-08-2007, 06:51 AM
If they are too long you could go ahead and cut the off to the desired length and either sew the hems back up or use the iron on hem tape.

mominma
03-09-2007, 10:45 AM
We use the ones from Gymboree. They are like the t-shirt cotton. My son is also 6.

mamasoup
03-12-2007, 07:48 PM
I was in Target today and found some basic pull on cotton short for 3 something a pair. They must have JUST put them out, they did not have them when I was in just the other day. They are a little thin but they will work out just fine for athletic purposes!!! Now I need to find a couple of muscle shirts or tanks that do not have baseball, football or soccer designs on them. Honestly do the manufactures think those are the ONLY three sports that boys participate in? I think I may have to look in the girls departments to see if I can find some plain ribbed tanks. I looked at the boys undershirts but they (could only find Fruit of the Loom) were too thin and scratchy.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Alicia

MelissaTC
03-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Old Navy tends to have plain muscle tanks. I buy them for my DS there every year.