PDA

View Full Version : 2 Yr Old Ringbearer--Need Help ASAP

shburks
03-08-2007, 10:23 PM
My sister is getting married on 31 March and has asked my 28 month old ds to be the ringbearer. She has just now decided that she would like him to wear black pants/white shirt/bowtie OR a suit.

My problem--I live in Hawaii and it's nearly impossible to find any of these things particularly at this time of year. No one wears suits here--they hardly wear pants here! I also don't want to spend much money on something he will never wear again. DS doesn't even have black shoes or socks, so literally everything will have to be purchased.

Does anyone have any tips for me? Somewhere I can buy this really cheap? I think he would still be wearing 18-24 month pants since he's pretty short for his age.

Susan

almostamom
03-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Are there any resale shops in your area? Kid to Kid near us usually has one or two suits among the boys things.

Linda

MayB
03-08-2007, 10:35 PM
I'd try ebay. I've seen suits and tuxedos in little guy sizes for next to nothing. Not sure if you want a tuxedo, but when I ran a search ("tuxedo 24 month") a bunch came up for about $20 shipped. Good luck.

jerzeygirl
03-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Susan - would something like this work? My son was in my brother's wedding this past summer, when he was 25 months old. I still have the suit, shirt, tie, shoes, and socks (which he never wore because DH misplace them before the wedding). I think i paid around $65 for everything, and i figured i'd ebay it all at some point, but just never got around to it.

If you're interested, let me know, and we can discuss the details.

http://www.wisebuild.com/photos/37_johnkristenwedding/jwed058w.jpg

teddy
03-09-2007, 12:12 AM
My DS wore this when he was 23 mos old. He wore the 2T which fit him a little snug:
http://www.gagas.com/detail/?item_id=276

The best thing is that it was a rental. I don't know if you have enough time to get it -- you can call and find out. I just had to buy the socks. But he looked darling in it and I would not hesitate to rent from this place again. It was super super super easy!
Good luck!
Oh, what size shoe does your DS wear? I might be able to help with that....

shburks
03-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Thank you all so much!

I had not considered a resale shop--that might be a great idea!

I had discovered www.gagas.com yesterday when searching but having no experience with them and having never heard of them, I was a little leary. I feel better now knowing that someone else has experience. That might be our best option!! Thanks for that info! Oh, and ds is probably wearing a size 8 shoe now.

I did search e-bay yesterday and everything I found had expensive shipping (like $15) and even more to ship it here (Hawaii). I suppose I could have had it shipped straight to GA (where the wedding will be) but the shipping still seemed high. You must have found better deals that I did!!

Thanks to the poster who put up the picture of their darling ds (and Grandpa??). I SO appreciate the offer to "discuss details" (wink wink), but I may try this rental option first and see!

Thank you all so much!!!!

Susan

teddy
03-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Oh well, I have DS's 7.5 black shoes that were worn twice!

shburks
03-09-2007, 04:55 PM
He might could wear them. I had his feet sized about a month ago and he was right at a 7.5 then...I don't know. You never know how much their little feet grow in a month!

MayB
03-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Here's a link to one of many auctions by the same company (no affiliation with me): http://cgi.ebay.com/Infant-Baby-Boys-Tuxedo-Suit-Set-Black-XL-18-24-months_W0QQitemZ150099268930QQcategoryZ3267QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

They have a ton going for $9.99 plus $9.99 shipping (looks like flat rate to include HI). HTH.