PDA

View Full Version : HA Zippers--Available year round? when to move to Long Johns

BeachBum
03-09-2007, 12:55 PM
My first question is straight forward. Are Zippers available year round? We keep our A/C cold and I like for DS to wear long sleeves/pants year round. I had a hard time finding that last summer, but I think (not sure) that was before we discovered zippers or it is why we discovered zippers.

Next, I am wondering when/if you switched to Long Johns because of potty training. I'm more interested in the logistics of making the switch than your child's age.

Finally, are their any outlet deals on zippers right now?

thanks. :)

SummerBaby
03-09-2007, 03:27 PM
I used zippers year round. They're always available. We switched to long johns because DD grew out of the 90 zippers fairly fast- she is tall with a long torso- she's not PT yet. I didn't have any issues making the switch- I really like the long johns too- they're very soft and not tight.

Val
DD 2.5 years old
another summer baby coming in 2007!

jess_g
03-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi My son has been in Hanna zippers since I discovered a Hanna outlet near me about 2 years ago. He is now 3. The outlets always have zippers and long johns. In the summer they also have short johns which are 2 pieces and include a short sleved shirt and shorts. Last week the outlet in Maine had holiday long johns and zippers on sale for $14 each a great price! So you should always call an outlet and see if they are on sale before buying some online.

We did switch from zippers to long johns when the size 90 zippers got a bit too short on my son (at about 2 1/2 years old) but when he was almost 3 he had some surgery and he wore the zippers again while he recovered. It avoided the waistband where his incision was. They fit him fine then. He now wears long johns or sweats to bed each night. Once we started potty training we wanted him to be able to pull his pants and undies on and off by himself so I don't think the zippers would have worked. Also he figured out how to unzip the zipper on the zippers and would get naked sometimes and then it was hard to put clothes on him without a fuss. So I think the zipper style stopped working for us at around 3 years old.

Hope this helps some, I stil have a pile of zippers in my laundry room.

Jesscia.

Melanie
03-09-2007, 11:37 PM
I moved to long johns at the end of the size 90's when Ds started potty-using. So I would say whatever size your child is in around 2 1/2 is a good guess. Of course some are much earlier and some much later.

C99
03-09-2007, 11:37 PM
> In the summer they
>also have short johns which are 2 pieces and include a short
>sleved shirt and shorts.

They usually do, but they had a problem with the Consumer Products Safety Division and because they are not skin tight or treated w/ fire resistant coating and seem to be sold as PJs, HA cannot sell them right now. I confirmed this with a SA at one of the outlets 2 weeks ago. She said that it could always change, but that's part of the reason there aren't any SJs in the latest catalog.

R2sweetboys
03-10-2007, 08:03 AM
Oooh, thanks for this tidbit of info. Caroline! I was wondering why I didn't see the short johns when they updated the site with summer stuff. Did you happen to hear what they are planning to do about it? Thanks!

~Leslie

SAHM to...

Ryan 8/14/00
Matthew 2/14/03