PDA

View Full Version : Does every Sears have an LE Kiosk to save on shipping?

Melanie
03-09-2007, 11:32 PM
I have *never* seen one and I don't live anywhere near any sears with the LE stores in them so pickings are slim and frustrating. I'm angry that I have to pay taxes AND shipping so I jsut don't buy from them anymore. I've told them enough times, they've never offered me a coupon or discount so I was done.

HOWEVER, where can I find one of these elusive free shipping kiosks?

ett
03-10-2007, 12:10 AM
I think it's only at these locations.

http://www.landsend.com/cd/landing/0,,tabs2StructNum=67679,00.html?sid=

Melanie
03-10-2007, 01:17 AM
Legendary Customer service my derriere. That's fine. Back to Hanna.

supercalifragilous
03-10-2007, 04:01 AM
Actually, if your Sears carries ANY Lands End products, at the very least you can have the SA call your order in for you (just give her the order #s).

My Sears isn't on the list (we are on the West Coast) but all the Sears should have computer kiosks where you can order from Sears.com. The home page actually has a bunch of different options - Sears.com, KMart.com (didn't even know they were connected!), LandsEnd.com, and a couple of other ones I don't remember.

I ordered LE through the kiosk and although it initially charged me shipping, I called the LE 800#, gave the SA my order # + Sears store #, and she took it off immediately. She said that normally the Sears SA should call, but I told her that she was busy helping a customer and her phone was broken so the SA sent me to the adjacent dept to have me call and thus gave me the store #. ALL TRUE.

I used the store phone to call immediately lest they make me prove that I was in an actual store b/c she could not tell that I had ordered through a kiosk - she asked me where I placed my order. I suppose I could've just ordered from my home and told her the same story with the store # just the same.

So LONG STORY SHORT, check if your local Sears carries Lands End products. See if you can order Sears.com products at their store. The kiosk should have LandsEnd.com listed as well then. Good luck!

KrisM
03-10-2007, 06:40 AM
The home page actually has a bunch of different
>options - Sears.com, KMart.com (didn't even know they were
>connected!
>

Sears bought KMart a couple of years ago. We have one store called Sears Essentials that used to be a KMart and now it's a mix - carries the KMart brands of clothes, bikes, sporting goods, etc like KMart, but also has appliances like Sears. It's a weird store.

Melanie
03-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks. I hadn't thought of asking a sales associate and being armed with my item numbers. They've all given me blank looks whenever I bother to ask them about their LE selection. I'm also on the West Coast. The first year Sears bought LE I was overjoyed. They had EVERYTHING I wanted, and then it all went on clearance - even better! Well, that was it. I can see why, though. Sear's makes cheap LE knock-offs and hangs them next to the LE stuff at half the price. What are most Sears shoppers going to buy?

s7714
03-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Yep, that describes my thoughts about the LE/Sears relationship and local offerings exactly! ;)

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org