PDA

View Full Version : Coming Home Outfit Help Needed

Piglet
03-19-2007, 10:11 AM
More to the point - a gender neutral coming home outfit! I am not a fan of bringing 2 outfits to the hospital (one for a girl and one for a boy). I would really like to find something simple and GN, but am having a much harder time this time. Everything is SO gendered suddenly. I would love a cute HA outfit, but even those are SO gendered. Here is my criteria - 1) must have a hat 2) preference for green 3) preference for a frog-inspired design (both my boys came home in green frog-themed outfits with hats and I am sentimental).

Any help would be appreciated!

nicknack
03-19-2007, 12:31 PM
I just saw some onesies and nice soft pants w/frog design at Old Navy. I think most of the onesie was white with a little green frog and the pants might have been striped? Can't remember. Their inventory changes so quickly, but maybe you could find it online?

C99
03-19-2007, 02:47 PM
I know what you mean - everything is really gendered these days. Some of the boy layette stuff at Janie & Jack is GNish, and I like the sweetpea design from Land's End's layette stuff.

vanessa
03-19-2007, 05:27 PM
question about home-coming outfit- can we use onesies even with the umblical stump. Or should it be strictly a t-shirt with pants?

o_mom
03-19-2007, 05:30 PM
I have never used the little t-shirts except while in the hospital. Both came home in onesie type outfits. Unless your child is very large, most clothing will be very big on them anyway, even the newborn sizes. DS2 was 8 lbs 13 oz and swimming in a newborn size one piece from Children's Place - a preemie size probably would have fit better.

EllasMum
03-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi Marina,

I was just in Gymboree yesterday and they have some VERY cute gender neutral outfits (both rompers and also separate onesies and pants) with a cute hedgehog on them (ok I think this was intended probably for boys but they did have some neutral/beige colors). They also had some yellow and orange outfits with crabs and seaside theme which were really cute too. I think I saw some frog stuff on their clearance rack (if you go to Market Mall, it is the round rack in the rear of the store).

Good luck!

Susan

Nooknookmom
03-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Do you have a Nordstrom near you? I found some great GN onsie-type outfits w/ hats there. Frogs/animals were a theme on a lot of them too.

I was going to use one that I bought there for my DD to come home in, but then I found a cute onsie w/ hat at Hot Topic (We're rock fans, hat says ac/dc, lol)!