PDA

View Full Version : Hanna unders for DD: Hipsters or granny panties?

luv_my_girl
03-21-2007, 12:53 PM
It is embarrassing to admit that I am agonizing over such trivial questions, but here goes:

I am springing for the hanna unders for both kids, but can't decide how many or what type.

How many unders do most people buy?

Should I get the hipsters or granny-panties?

I am buying the grannies for my little one, but what about the 4-year old? She has been wearing hipsters but now tells me she'd prefer the full coverage. The only reason I hesitate is because she is so skinny that her pants/skirts are always sliding down and I thought the longer ones would stick out and look funny.

Which do your kids prefer?

TIA!

bluestar2
03-21-2007, 03:09 PM
We've had both for DD and prefer the hipster ones. The granny ones have a very high rise which was a problem for us underneath pants (they hang out the top) but they're fine under dresses. There is plenty of coverage in the hipsters in any case and they don't ride up like the other brands we have. From now on we'll just get the hipsters. She has about 6 and it is enough for us since we do laundry fairly often and she rarely has any accidents.

Melanie
03-21-2007, 04:40 PM
I would go hipsters, it's not as though they are 'bikinis.' Admittedly DD is not old enough yet, but I've looked at them. For Ds, I usually bought 5 pairs or so if I could get a deal on them. Ideally, though, I like to have at least a week's worth of unders. For girls you are lucky b/c they're cheaper and come in 3-packs! I'd go with 6 or 9 pairs at least.

egoldber
03-21-2007, 06:42 PM
When we got our first ones all they had were the granny panty style. They are very high rise. When she went to the next size I got the hipsters. DD doesn't seem to have a preference.

Roleysmom
03-21-2007, 06:49 PM
We have the granny pants. I get six at a time and since she's between sizes, I have 12, and I like having that many. That way I can have some stashed at her school and still have plenty at home. I haven't noticed the high waist because all DD wears is dresses. My next purchase will be the hipsters because she likes the prints which aren't shown in the briefs. It's nice to hear that people like the hipsters, since I'm getting them reluctantly. I really would prefer the briefs for DD.

Paula -- mom to Roley Julia, January '02

luv_my_girl
03-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks everyone. I decided to get 12 (6 of each style). She has been wearing hipsters for two years now, but once I asked and bought her some hannas, she actually asked for higher rise ones! She wears mostly dresses so we'll save the hipsters for her skirts and pants.

wilelm
03-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Okay, I got some of the granny panties for Miriam over Christmas in size S, and they're HUGE on her. Like others have said, they're also extremely high-rise, and go well above her bottom and show under pants/skirts. So, I'm going to buy her some hipsters during the sale.

My question is, though the chart says she's needs a S (she's 40.5" and 34 lbs.), since the grannies are so huge on her, I'm wondering if I should get an XS? I also got her a S undershirt, and it's definitely too big--I put it away for fall.

Sheila

bluestar2
03-22-2007, 11:44 AM
I would get the S. DD is smaller than your DD (about 37" and 30 lbs) and I thought the XS was too snug. The S are slightly big but I figured it was better than getting some that are too small. It doesn't seem to bother her at all.

egoldber
03-22-2007, 11:49 AM
I got size S for my DD when she was 3. Maybe 40 pounds and 40 inches? So she weighed a little more than your DD. Honestly, she can still wear the smalls at age 5, she's now 45 pounds and 45 inches, but after 2 years I was sick of them LOL!!

wilelm
03-22-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks guys--S it is!

Sheila

luv_my_girl
03-22-2007, 01:25 PM
I would ditto what PP said: My DD is 42-43" and 35 lbs, so pretty close to yours, and the S fits well. Remember that they will shrink a bit in the wash. They are slightly loose, enough so that they will fit well next year too.

I have the XS for my two year old and they are much narrower.