PDA

View Full Version : How big do Pedipeds run?

Canna
03-21-2007, 09:17 PM
I am looking for dress shoes that won't torment my 26 month-old DD. She has feet on the normal to narrow side. I am considering See Kai Run (which I have heard run very wide, so a little nervous about that). Some Pediped styles would work, but I'm concerned that the sizes only go up to 18-24 months. It says that's a US size equivalent to size 7-8, which should fit her as she's about a 7 or 7.5 now. Should I be spooked by the 18-24 month size, or will it really be big enough for this spring through hopefully (barring crazy foot growth spurt) through July?

The other shoe I'm considering is this one, which seems great price-wise, but I'm wondering if she'll be comfortable in them, and they're not the kind of shoes that I'll be reaching for at times other than a couple of rather dressy occasions, whereas I could see maybe putting on the Pedipeds with sundresses, etc.
http://www.endless.com/dp/B000FIP87M/ref=sr_1-1/?&colors=&size=20&dept=241760011&node=241928011&nodes=241932011&brands=&keywords=&sort=salesrank&onsale=0&newarrivals=0&widths=&sizes=&userID=123456&page=1&fromPage=search

mom2ethan
03-22-2007, 04:58 PM
My 21 month old daughter just started wearing size 7. I recently bought her the Pediped Lauren style in a 18-24 month size to replace her 12-18 month pair. They are plenty big for her now, and I think they are going to last for quite some time. (She wore the 12-18 month ones for about 6 months.) We love them.

We actually have the Stide Rite ones you are considering too. They are our "special occasion" shoes. My daughter had the black patent ones over the winter and now she has the white ones for spring. She loves them and seems to be comfortable in them, but the soles are not the most flexible. They do have cushioning inside. I figured for the few hours a month she wears them, they are fine and you can't beat the price -- especially through endless!

Susan

CiderLogan
03-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Yep, Pedipeds run big. It even says so on their website. My 10-month-old, who wears 12-18 clothes and is starting to outgrow her 6-12 Robeez, is just starting to fit into her 6-12 Pedipeds.

Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06

momathome
03-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Just to warn you, while Pedipeds are adorable, they not only run big, they run wide. My dd has a somewhat narrow foot and they were too wide to fit her properly. HTH!

BeachBum
03-24-2007, 05:23 AM
My son, who is solidly in a size 7 at 18 mo, wears 18-24 (XL) pedipeds. They fit him just fine now with a little room to grow. (His toes can be seen beyond the sandal straps). I would say my son's foot is narrow/normal and although these are a little wide, we haven't found them too wide.
The leather is very soft and the sole is appropriately flexible. I think they are good shoes.