PDA

View Full Version : Carter's Confusion

bonnie0128
03-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Is there any difference in quality between the Carter's line (original) and the Just One Year by Carter's (at Target) and Child of Mine by Carter's (at WalMart)?

Sillygirl
03-22-2007, 07:19 PM
I bought a packet of Just One Year onesies and they were terrible quality, thin and cheap and stretchy, worse than Gerber. OTOH, we got a nice snuggly blanket, same brand, and are very pleased with how soft it is. Seems to be hit or miss, but definitely not your regular Carter's.

lenad
03-23-2007, 02:36 AM
My experience has been differenet: I have had both Gerber and Just One Year onesies and JOY have definitely been considerably softer. I thought they worked great and were at a great price, so I never looked at others. I personally don't like thick onesies. My dd has plenty of stuff on top of them, so thinner is fine.

Canna
03-23-2007, 06:58 AM
There is a difference in quality for the onsies and sleepers I tried.
We have used onsies from Carters, JYO and COM. The Carters ones are smoother, nicer fabric and have hemmed sleeves (which can be nice if the sleeves peek out from under clothes). The JOY and COM ones have surged edges on the sleeves and the fabric is not as nice. However, they have both been pretty functional. DD has been wearing some of the JOY and COM onsies for probably about a year now, and they have not developed any tears, the snaps still work, etc.

I also tried some Just One Year sleepers when DD was little, and those had quality problems which were more than cosmetic - the snaps up the front ripped through the fabric with very light use. I was pretty annoyed and steered clear of the brand for the most part since then.

colleenfs
03-23-2007, 07:02 AM
Yes, there is definitely a quality difference.

~Colleen
Julia, 1-10-02
Emma, 7-27-05

“I do believe in fairies. I do, I do.�