PDA

View Full Version : Tell me they are going to shrink!

Sugar Magnolia
03-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Ack! I just got part of dd's Hanna order (I ordered 2x on Friday!) and everything is so huge looking. I ordered dd 80 because she is in 70 and her dresses are getting too small (they barely cover her butt) and her opposite stripe set is getting too short. But the 80's we just got are so big. I swear ds (3) could fit into these dresses!

Will they shrink? I do not want to wash them if I need to send them back. Dd is almost 12 months (in 2 weeks), weighs 25 lbs, and is 31 inches.

Thanks.
Amy

hardysmom
03-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Different styles are different lengths. Playdresses are several inches shorter than other dresses so if she is outgrowing the length of a 70 playdress, she might wear an 80 in playdresses but other styles may be HUGE.

My 3 yr olds still can't wear the 90 velour dresses I bought in the winter of 2005!

Some styles will shrink, but those usually come with a tag which tells you. HA will still let you return after you wash if you want to try with one.

stephanie

MommyAllison
03-27-2007, 08:29 PM
What did you order? Playdresses will shrink after a couple of washes. I think the Catch a Carousel stuff was running big this spring.

ETA: My DD is 16 months, 23lbs and 31.5" and is solidly in 80s, so I think you ordered the right size. My DD's legs are looong and her 80s playdress leggings are actually getting too short.

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

J_B Mommy
03-28-2007, 05:30 AM
I always order one size up in the leggings. My dd has fairly short legs and long torso, but the playdress leggings are always really short on her. This probably hurts us in resale, but gets more wear out of the dresses.

luv_my_girl
03-29-2007, 08:37 AM
FWIW, my 25 month old just outgrew her 80s in length. She's 35" tall.

If you want the clothes to fit just right, a 70 might be the better size right now. But that may be too small by the end of the summer. I think my DD moved out of a size 70 around 15 months.