PDA

View Full Version : I ordered our first Keens!

snowangel
03-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks to all the great reviews of Keen sandals on here, I took the plunge and ordered my DS his first pair. He is 3 and a half and PICKY. I hope hope hope he likes them.

I sized up because everyone said they run small.

Anyway, I am very excited :):):):):)

I got them through REI with the 20% code.

Mel

daniele_ut
03-28-2007, 02:26 PM
I picked up a pair at Nordstrom the other day with a credit that I had. DS had already tried on both the Newports and the Newport H2s (with velcro) at REI, and I didn't think that they really ran very small. I had heard that before too, though. DS is measuring 7.5. The 7s *just* fit him and an 8 seemed to fit him with some room to grow. The 9s just seemed way too big to be comfortable, but maybe I'll regret not sizing up.

We ended up getting the Newports without the velcro despite hearing some complaints about them being harder to get on. We really wanted the Wetsand color so they would be more neutral and the H2s only came in that color up to a toddler size 7 for some reason. It wasn't that hard to get them on in the store so we'll see how it goes, I guess.

I have a 15% off coupon to use at REI and I will be picking up a pair of the Venice sandals for me soon. I've loved my Keens!