PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone speak to the quality of these Mini Boden shoes

kaileysmom
03-28-2007, 01:23 PM
I like the look of these shoes for my DD1. Are these a good choice for moderate play, errands, etc. She has New Balances for really down and dirty play, but I love these in white and the khaki. Or can someone recommend something similar to these? Thanks.

http://www.bodenusa.com/col.asp?styid=39019&segname=Mini&segid=5&gpname=Shoes+and+Boots&desname=Canvas+Pumps&gpid=18&gen=1&col=WHT

ETA: Is this the appropriate type sole for her age?

chinadaughter
03-28-2007, 07:09 PM
My daughter is a month younger than yours and I ordered a pair for her. However, I ordered a size too small. They were cute, butI was in target and I saw a pair that was fairly similar on sale for $7. I wanted the shoes for daycare so I thought this was a great deal and bought the target ones. My daughter has only worn them a couple of days so far, but I haven't heard any complaints. The basic difference between the two is that the Target pair doesn't have a strap that goes all the way across.

I also saw some at Old Navy for $8 that had two straps.

Julie

Julie

snowangel
03-28-2007, 07:42 PM
I can't speak for those shoes. If I needed a pair of shoes like that style, I would buy Keds over those any day. A much better shoe and better quality.

kaileysmom
03-28-2007, 08:36 PM
nak...thanks for the replies. what do you put your DD in during the spring to wear with capris and shorts that are cuter than a clunky tennis shoe?

squimp
03-29-2007, 01:13 AM
Keds Daphne is a great choice. It comes in pink or white leather and wears like iron. DD wore hers all the time last year and they look virtually brand new. They are $30 on Shoebuy, free shipping, and with coupons and ebates/fatwallet you can probably get them for $20.

debsterchen
03-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Keds Katie is another great choice available on Shoebuy in wite and red. It is an MJ style and my DD prefers them over Daphne, I think the t-strap on the Daphne kind of bothered her slightly so she feels more comfy in Katie. Very similar to the Mini-Boden ones but the Keds are indestructible and leather.

-Debbie

kaileysmom
03-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks, I never really thought about Keds. Completely forgot about them :) She has a lot of outfits for spring and summer that would look better with sandals, but I don't want an open toe for fear of her hurting her toes. This was a problem last summer. It's been hard to find "sneaker tough with a feminine look" to go with some of her outfits. Thanks all for your recommendations.

mamasoup
03-30-2007, 07:08 AM
My DD (5) picked out Keds Daphne last August as her school shoes when she started Kindergarten. She has been wearing them since (all my kids feet grow slowly!) and they look great! I just wipe them down every so often with a baby wipe.

Since they are getting small we got her a new pair and got the Katie MJ from Shoebuy for Spring and Summer so they would be just a little different. My DH just got my 2 year old DD a pair of the Katie MJ from the Stride Rite outlet last night. She was so excited to have shoes to match her big sister's and put them on last night and did not want to take them off. They fit her really well, she has one foot that kind of turns in and some shoes she has problems running in but these were fine. I think it is because they are not clunky in any way and very lighweight.

We loved ours, they look cute with just about everything, and are still "athletic" enough for my DD to wear to school on P.E. days. They also work well for Summer without socks.

Alicia