PDA

View Full Version : Help: Switching bottles for a 10 month old

snuckles
10-28-2003, 12:30 AM
I want to switch the type of bottles that I use.

I currently use those Playtex bottles with the disposables drop-ins. The problem is that I'm noticing an oder coming from the bottles when I store water in them. It doesn't matter if it's tap water or bottled water, I still get an oder. I think that it may be coming from the disposable drop-ins. I think that I'm smelling whatever they may be using to sterlize those disposable drop-ins. Ugh! The thought that I may be hurting my baby's system before he grows up is really bothering me as I'm writing this email.

I know the Avent bottles are real big with people. I'm not sure that it would be right for me since I can't breastfeed. I also worry about those glass bottles breaking, they are glass aren't they?

Any other suggestions on a decent set of bottles that I could purchase at this time in my little one's life.

Thank you for your help.

momofboys
10-28-2003, 03:32 AM
At 10 months old he might not like switching the type of nipple he is used to. You might check if playtex has a non-disposable bottle with the same type of nipple your son is used to.

I use Avents if ds ever gets a bottle. They are heavy plastic (polycarbonate?? ). You can try one & see if your ds likes it. The wide mouth makes it easy to clean & non breastfeeding moms can use thm too.

Jen in Chicago
10-29-2003, 09:19 AM
Give Gerber bottles a try. They are less than $1 each at most place. They are the only ones DS will take now. After spending a lot on our bottle collection, I wish I would have tried these first.

vpalmer
10-29-2003, 10:08 AM
We have personally had good luck with Avent bottles. They are plastic, not glass. Although we started DD on the bottles very early so I don't really have any advice on switching after 10 months.

Good Luck!

Veronica
Mom to Eva 6-12-03

snuckles
10-29-2003, 04:57 PM
Thanks all for your input. I went and purchase some evenflo bottles. When I gave him one he just laughed. He thought the nipple was some kind of toy that he could chew on. But when he really wanted a bottle he cried when I gave him the new evenflo bottle. He doesn't like the nipple. I guess I'm gonna have to get him on a sippy cup as fast as I can.