PDA

View Full Version : ISO of a good, basic booster seat

LucyG
11-02-2003, 03:42 PM
We have a high chair for home, but need a booster to take when visiting relatives or friends without high chairs. We don't want or need anything fancy, just something that is easy to use and transport by car, has a safety belt for the baby, and will strap onto a regular chair for added security. Is it good to get one with a tray attached? Are the trays removeable so you can push baby up to the regular table? Do any boosters come with a bar between the legs so baby can't slide out? DD is 8 months, but I would like to get something that she can use for a long time. Thanks!

Momof3Labs
11-02-2003, 04:22 PM
We got this one:

http://store.babycenter.com/product/gear/highchairs_and_booster_seats/4422

It was $20 at Wal-Mart. I like that it has the tray because sometimes we don't have a table surface for Colin to eat off of, I know that our tray is always clean, and the tray is in the right position for Colin. The tray is removeable, so you can use it either way. There is no bar between the legs, but the harness is 3-pt, so he can't slide out of the seat. It straps to the chair with two straps - one goes under the seat and one goes around the chair back. It's really a pretty basic seat, but we've used it quite a few times since we got it and consider it a worthwhile purchase!

amp
11-02-2003, 06:52 PM
We have the same one Lori linked to. We are happy with it. It folds up nicely and has a little handle to carry it with.

August Mom
11-02-2003, 09:32 PM
We have the First Years Portable 3-in-1 Booster Seat and love it. http://www.thefirstyears.com/products/product.asp?pValue=4200 It fits DS well, attaches securely to almost all chairs, has a strap around the waist and between the legs, folds up and is dishwasher safe. You could use it without the tray, although I think the child would be a bit lower than if using a restaurant high chair. I love using the tray because I know that it's clean. It's hard to tell with restaurant tabletops.