PDA

View Full Version : Nice First Birthday Gift for DD

vikivoly
11-08-2003, 02:03 AM
DD is turning 1 at the end of the month. While there are a lot of suggestions for 1st birthday gifts, I'm looking for something nice from DH and me. In the $100-$200 range. She'll be getting so many smaller toys between her birthday and Christmas I would prefer to get her 1 big present.

Since we have just built a house and the landscaping leaves a lot to be desired, I don't want an outside toy. We're planning on getting her a wooden rocking horse for Christmas.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

elvisfan
11-08-2003, 02:24 AM
Why not start an add a pearl necklace?

kirstensmom
11-08-2003, 09:54 AM
We bought our dd a table and chair set. We bought the brighton white table and four pastel chairs. I believe the whole set was in the $250 range but you could start with the table and 2 chairs and add the other two chairs later if you want.

Also, she got a small upholstered rocker chair which we have in our family room that she loves to sit in.

nola
11-10-2003, 12:47 AM
Add a Pearl. That is an interesting idea. I had never heard of that before. Anyway, I looked on the web and it looks like a sweet idea. Have you done this? What company did you work with?
Getting back to the original question, we didn't give any toys to Anna on her first birthday. (Trust me, she's covered) But, we opened her a college acct.

kaitlinsmommy
11-11-2003, 05:13 PM
My dd is also turning 1 at the end of this month (just spent 2 hours at Kinko's making the party invitations). I have thought of smaller gifts for her (pull toy, jack in box) but am thinking of getting her an overstuffed chair from PBK. They are on sale for $99 now if you are interested.

Sarah1
11-12-2003, 05:58 PM
I just had to add that DH and I didn't get DD a first b-day present...we bought a handycam in time to use at her party so figured that was her gift! LOL...