PDA

View Full Version : can anyone recommend a good sound monitor???

JenaW
11-18-2003, 04:06 PM
We have the Safety1st video monitor and LOVE IT. But DS has finally started sleeping in his own room again, and with both bedroom doors shut (a must becuase we have two cats that would be in his crib with him, and wake us up at 3am) we can't hear him crying. So I want a sounds monitor to put in his room and ours at night. Any recommendations???
Thanks

Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03

nitaghei
11-19-2003, 04:59 PM
Fisher Price Sound and Light - inexpensive, and works pretty well. It does have some static, but I can hear DS's breathing - if I turn it up, and I can definitely hear a cry even with the volume set quite low.

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

Marisa6826
11-19-2003, 05:38 PM
We have the Philips one and LOVE it. I had to scour NYC to find one, but now they sell them at the Discovery stores.

http://shopping.discovery.com/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10000&storeId=10000&productId=52120&langId=-1&search=Y&searchKey=1782605574

One of the coolest things about it is that it comes with its own rechargable batteries. You can carry the parent "half" of it around the house and then just plop it back in the base when the batteries run down (about 10 hours).

I highly recommend it.

-m

713abc
11-19-2003, 06:17 PM
We have the Safety 1st video monitor too. Why can't you just use it in the audio-only mode instead of the video mode, if the light from the monitor is too bright?

JenaW
11-20-2003, 11:27 AM
the video monitor is downstairs in the living room, and we need something upstairs in the bedroom at night time. If I could, I would buy a second monitor, but that is probably expensive.

I checked out the link for the rechargable one....YIKES $70. I was hoping to find something cheaper. But I do like the rechargable idea. Thanks!

Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03

Marisa6826
11-20-2003, 11:35 AM
Yeah, the Philips one is expensive (they have two smaller versions - check out their website), but I figured that since the $40 "crisp and clear" one we had basically sucked, and I wouldn't have the cost of batteries, it kind of worked out to be the same price.

Especially when I will be able to use it for a second child.

Hope you find something. Have you checked out the Sony ones at Target? FYI - they're in the TV/radio dept. NOT the baby dept.

-m

JenaW
11-20-2003, 07:35 PM
ohhh target...good idea. I was just thinking BRU. I think I'll check there. Thanks for the tip...I would have looked in baby dept for sure.

Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03