PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina vs. Me Too hook on high chairs

hmedlin
12-02-2003, 12:16 AM
Hey Ladies,
Has anyone seen both of these irl? There are no stores near me that carry these, so I'm shopping by pictures which is SO hard!
I'd like to know which folds up smaller, which one is easier to take the pad on/off for washing, and which has a sturdier clamp... From the pix online, the clamps on these look the same?
Looking to use with my 9 month old squirmer.....
Thanks for any help!!

mattysmom
12-02-2003, 08:30 AM
While I haven't seen the Inglesina, we have the Me Too and LOVE it! It clamps onto almost any table and is very sturdy. It folds up compact and fits in the outside pocket of my LE Messenger bag. Everyone who sees us use it wants one. We've only been using it for a couple of months and to be honest, we just wipe it down with a wet cloth - it still looks brand new. We have the red one- it's nice and cheerful. And, our 9 1/2 month old squirmer enjoys it! This was really one of our favorite purchases.

stillplayswithbarbies
12-02-2003, 11:59 PM
Is there any difference in them? It looks like I can get the Inglesina for about $10 less than the Me Too, does that make the decision for me? Is there anything about the Me Too that is better than the Inglesina?

Where can I see the colors for Inglesina, this comes in Fire, Sky and Apple, what are they like?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

egoldber
12-03-2003, 10:53 AM
Well, when I was looking for a seat, the Inglesina one wasn't out, so I got a Me Too seat. I think it was a terrific purchase. I think the two seats are very similar, with the Me Too seat being perhaps a little smaller. I'm pretty sure I've seen both at BuyBuyBaby stores.

HTH,

stillplayswithbarbies
12-03-2003, 10:57 AM
Beth, does Sara still fit in the seat comfortably and safely? Is it hard to get her in and out? Is she happy to sit in it, does she like it still? I'm wondering how long I will be able to use this. (trying to justify the purchase)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

egoldber
12-03-2003, 01:37 PM
Oh yes, she definitely still fits. Its good up to 40 or 50 pounds. But honestly, she prefers to sit in a chair now, so we really don't use it any more. It is the BEST for overseas travel though if that is anywhere in your future.

HTH,

emilyf
12-03-2003, 03:26 PM
I have seen both- I own the Inglesina and my cousin has the Me Too. The Me too is definitely a bit smaller. The Inglesina has more padding, but that makes it bulkier for carrying it around. We use the Inglesina instead of a high chair, and rarely take it anywhere-most places we go seem to have high chairs- so it works for us, but if you are planning on using it just on the road, you might want the me too. They are very similar though, so either one should be fine. I actually chose the Inglesina because I thought the color worked better in my kitchen!
Emily \r\nmom of Charlie born 11/02

hmedlin
12-03-2003, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the insight! I actually thought that the Me Too looked bigger, so that just goes to show how deceiving the pictures can be!!

Also...Karen... Baby Age has the best price I've found on the Inglesina, and you can see all the colors. Check this link:

http://www.babyage.com/product_details.asp?productId=2054

:)
Harley