PDA

View Full Version : Review of the Wooden Marble Train

nathansmom
12-03-2003, 10:04 PM
This came this afternoon and although it was suppose to be a Christmas present I let Nathan play with it so I could review it. Nathan played with this toy for over an hour. Moving the marbles around the track and trying to get the marbles out. I haven't seen a toy that keeps his interest that long before. Now I have to decide if I want to wrap it up or keep it out for him.

momtoemma
12-03-2003, 11:25 PM
Would you mind posting a link to this train? I'd love to see which toy you are reviewing.

Thanks,

nathansmom
12-04-2003, 12:19 AM
Sorry I forgot the link.

http://www.ecobaby.com/catalog/product.asp?pf_id=kidmt

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-04-2003, 09:10 AM
I'm so glad...I've been waiting to hear :)

I say keep it out, and when he goes to bed on the 24th wrap it and place it under the tree :)...
Hows that for a decison!!!! He'll love it all over again :)
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

nathansmom
12-04-2003, 11:08 AM
I have to tell you I had to pull him away from the toy last night screaming in order to go to bed. This morning the first thing he crawled to was this toy and has been playing with it for the last half hour. Of course his cat pal is helping him and the two of them are giggling and having fun. I might have to wait to wrap it up on Christmas eve.

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-04-2003, 01:24 PM
Norah,
Can you post the site again where you got it...did you search for the best price...
Now of course I want one...I mean Tristan wants one :)...
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

stillplayswithbarbies
12-04-2003, 05:14 PM
www.kidsurplus.com has it cheaper.

Neve, you might want to poke around that site, there are a lot of wooden toys at clearance prices.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-04-2003, 05:50 PM
Karen,
Thank you for that site-I got several of those Plan Toys by Brio at Tuesday Morning, they sell a lot of their products. I didn't know till recently that they were under the Brio name. One of the toys I got (boxed and in a trunk) is similar to the marble maze, it's a maze and a duck a wooden figure person go thru the maze. But the marble one seems so much more age approproate for T right now.
Thanks for sharing that site!!!
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

nathansmom
12-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Neve-
I did price search and most places were the same. Here's a link to the cheapest I could find today.
http://www.atrendyhome.com/kidwoodmartr.html

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-04-2003, 07:02 PM
We are going to order one!!!
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

etwahl
12-04-2003, 07:12 PM
i just ordered one!!! from kidsurplus...since we were ordering a bunch of other stuff.

am just finally trying to start ordering stuff for her now.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!! for the wonderful suggestions. I am getting a lot of them.

the only thing i want, but can't decide on is a push toy. and ALSO, the reason i am hesitating on the radio flyer walker is because of neve's post where some didn't think it was necessary. i wonder though? she isn't even close to walking (or crawling for that matter...or MOVING for that matter, lol!) and then i wondered about her banging the heck out of all the furniture and walls. not that i don't think our furniture and walls won't take a beating (i know they will) but i wonder if this will be too rough? i'm just still super confused about the radio flyer walker. ack!!!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

nathansmom
12-04-2003, 11:06 PM
Tammy-
This was on the list I was going to email you. Nathan got really sick so I the list will be coming tonight or tomorrow.

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-05-2003, 11:06 AM
I'd love to see your list too if you're up to sharing it :)
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

nathansmom
12-05-2003, 12:19 PM
Check your emails. I sent the list there.