PDA

View Full Version : ONE MORE Radio Flyer walker question...

etwahl
12-04-2003, 07:15 PM
SORRY! I'm so wavering. what to do??? do these things destroy the furniture? e.g. do you need A LOT of open space...or will they go around the house like crazy banging into anything and everything?

and i still don't know if i want one. i'm soooooooo confused :)

anyone who has one, please tell me WHY you love it and what "stage" your child used it from. mine isn't walking or crawling (heck, doesn't even seem close to MOVING!!! and she's almost 9 months)

so i just don't know whether i need one or not. and if i don't have one what are the alternatives.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

cchavez
12-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Tammy, Diego is still not ready to use his at 7 months but so I don't have real experience w/ the toy but I can tell you that there is a big bumper on the front that will hopefully keep him from destroying our furniture.

August Mom
12-04-2003, 10:20 PM
We don't have a Radio Flyer walker. If I had seen them earlier we would have, but oh well. Most of the Radio Flyer ones have a bumper to protect furniture. We have a plastic one from Little Tikes. DS did run it into things all the time even though we have a fair amount of space. He thought it was fun to make a crash. LOL However, we didn't suffer any damage that I know of.

I did really like having an activity walker because it gave DS the greater mobility that he craved. It also gave him stability when moving about. He started using it when he was cruising. He stopped using it when he could walk really well, although he still does sometimes push it around and I think if it were more of a wagon he would fill and unfill it and push it around.

McQ
12-05-2003, 09:42 AM
Don't feel bad Tammy. Declan isn't walking or crawling yet either. He does push-ups, "swims" and lunges but no crawling. He loves to stand but hasn't figured to pull himself up yet.

I showed DH the #11 and #12 Radio Flyer's last night and he picked the #11 because it looked cooler and said that he would one day remove the handle bar so it could be another toy storage container down the road. And while I agree with that, I want the #12 for the bumper as I can just imagine how much it will knock into things.

Here's a link to the FP activity walker I was looking at (but haven't purchased) http://www.fisher-price.com/us/babyu/product.asp?s=bubrilliant&id=17813

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

caroliner
12-05-2003, 02:16 PM
We have last year's model without the bumper... we bought it as a first birthday present. At that time, she had been walking for a little over a month. We have never had any issues with bumping into furniture... we do not have a lot of space either... she puts her toys and dolls in it, she pushes and pulls it, she took off the sides and likes to sit and stand in it herself... we found this to be a great toy. The best price I found for it was at www.willygoat.com HTH