PDA

View Full Version : Any good wood toys at Target for an 8 month old????

cchavez
12-09-2003, 09:36 AM
DS will be 8 months right after Xmas. His Grandparents are getting him a Spanish Leapfrog Croki (frog) and probably the LS drum. His aunts and uncles want to know what to get him. I suggested peek a blocks....he only has a few. But he doesn't have any wood toys...except for his new wagon. I know I have seen some pretty cute ones at Target, like the wire bead toy. Are there anymore that you guys know of that would be appropriate for his age? I would go and check them out but my car is being fixed so I am carless for a few days. Anyway, I would prefer Target b/c there is one by my house so items can be easily exchanged if needed.

TIA!

nohomama
12-09-2003, 10:20 AM
There ARE some good wood toys at Target. As for whether or not they're age appropriate for an 8 month old, that's harder for me to answer since I haven't toy shopped for an eight month old in quite some time. Certainly there are a few things there I've seen recently that Diego will grow into sometime in the not to distant future. One of my favorites is a riding toy (I've seen it both as a duck and a zebra) that's also a shape sorter. I can say with certainty that Lola loved shaped sorters at that age and continues to to this day. I've also seen a set of three simple puzzles that come in there own wooden rack. Though your DS may not be able to do the puzzle for quite awhile, the pieces are large and chuncky and fun to chew on. Target also carries some nice inexpensive wooden train sets there that would be more appropriate for when Diego is older but it never hurts to start collecting things now.

HTH,

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-09-2003, 11:58 AM
I've seen the duck mentioned above and it is adorable (there is actually a picture of that duck here on BBB) I THINK it was posted for Andrew's birthday's (AndreaS) if you do a search. Really cute. I also think their wooden puzzes would be a great thing to buy him. I just wanted to add that they have adorable "bead rollercoasters" (for lack of a better word) there too. We already had a huge one marketed to DRs offices or I would have bought one. Their "beads" are wooden and in the shape of flowers and butterflies, and one is in the shape of like trucks and maybe stop signs.

You didn't ask, but if a Walmart is close, they have three wooden toys that are like puzzle peices of a helicopter, truck, and maybe the third is an airplane (about $6 each). T doesn not hve those yet to play with they are in a trunk for "one day".
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

cchavez
12-09-2003, 02:15 PM
I am hoping he gets the roller coaster for Xmas. If not, I am going to get it for him. It is too cute and not too big!