PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used a Kinderzeat and skipped high chair altogether?

pritchettzoo
12-10-2003, 07:42 PM
(or any other brand of that type of chair) Just curious. The Zany Brainy near me had a bunch and I was wondering whether to grab one as they got more clearanced. I figured it would be a good price if I could avoid buying a high chair. I think I might have to buy a tray attachment or something though... Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

JerseyMom
12-10-2003, 10:16 PM
Kinderzeats are for children 18 months and older. Since you will be wanting to put your babe in a confined place to eat well before they are a year and a half old, you will have to consider other options. My DH just put together our Kinderzeat last night and while my 8 month old son is bigger than many 1 year olds, he is just not big enough to be able to utilize this chair quite yet. Still though, you will want someplace for your babe when they are beyond the highchair age but not ready to sit without restraints.

McQ
12-11-2003, 09:24 AM
We looked at the Kinderzeat at the FAO clearance the other day and were surprised at how short the chair was. I don't think it would come up to our table top much less our island which is where we were thinking.

The same company makes a Tripp Trapp chair that is supposed to accomodate a 6 month old. It has a high back, harnass and a pommel.
http://www.equipmentshop.com/Product2.asp?CategoryID=10

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

pamela mom of 3
12-11-2003, 02:12 PM
You would need the tripp trapp to start with a baby under 1 and a half since it has the baby bar as opposed to just a strap.

I actually have the tripp trapp at the time it was all i could get in my country, now of coarse we have kinderzeats everywhere x(

Anyhoo, what you could do is a basic highchair till baby is about 1.5yrs then move to the kinderzeat, my son really likes his, even my 5yo does, i luv how sturdy it is as my kids are heavy climbers.

GL :)

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3