PDA

View Full Version : Wobbly stokke?

tzuchang
12-15-2003, 04:17 AM
We just purchased a Stokke high chair. After we installed, we noticed the chair is a bit wobbly. It seems that two sides are not balanced. Did anybody have this experience with the product? We spent $200 and we expected a steady, blanced chair!

22tango
12-15-2003, 09:34 AM
Nope...ours is GREAT!! But I happened to be looking at their online site (http://www.stokkeusa.com/) recently and saw this note in their FAQ:

What if my Stokke KinderZeat wobbles or is loose?
Wobbling may occur if assembled on an uneven surface or if assembled incorrectly. Solution: loosen all screws (do not un-tighten all of the way), put chair on level surface, exert pressure on top of chair downwards to stabilize, then tighten one side of leg at floor level and do the same at opposite leg; then screw up, rotate to opposite side, etc. Refer to the assembly guide enclosed in the carton with every new Stokke KinderZeat for complete instructions.

pamela mom of 3
12-15-2003, 01:14 PM
Ours isn't either, i'd follow the F.A.Q suggestion.

GL :)

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

tzuchang
12-17-2003, 08:51 PM
I called Stokke about the wobbly problem. They are NOT helpful at all. The lady insisted it's an installation problem. At one point, she even said "may be you just don't want to keep the chair!" I was very pissed at their Customer Service.

Anyway, I finally went back to the store, and they just gave me another chair. Once my husband installed the chair, we noticed the base board design has changed! The old one (wobbly) had the base board perpendicular to the floor. The new chair has a base board that's angled to the floor, which changes the force on the bottom, and the chair is very balanced.

I don't want to say all chairs w/the old design are wobbly. But I am sure the new base board has improved the balance by a lot! I am pretty mad that Stokke Customer Service didn't tell us the truth. They really wasted my time on the phone.

I love the product, but I am very disappointed with Stokke Customer Service. I think for $200, they really should have recalled the old design!

newbelly2002
12-18-2003, 09:34 AM
CS sounds terrible. I would also be pretty annoyed if the store were giving you an older model when they had newer ones in stock. Perhaps they were aware of the problem?

I checked mine on a whim and we too have the angled base--we bought the chair almost a year ago now. I wonder how old the older model is.

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

nohomama
12-18-2003, 04:24 PM
Are you talking about the foot board (where the child's feet rest) or the base supports that actually come in contact with the floor? My assumption is that your talking about the foot board. If that's that's the case then I have an older model and I gotta say, the thing is solid as a rock. We've never had any trouble with a wobble. They may have improved the design but, in my experience, the old design is most definitely not faulty, nor do I think it should be recalled.

I'm sorry that you received such rude and ineffective customer support. I've had good interations with a few different customer service folks when calling to ask for product information. Sounds like Stokke USA needs to get on the ball and start creating standards that all their CS reps need to meet. If I were you, I'd write a letter and tell them that though you like the newly designed Kinderzeat, in your opinion their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

lcl
12-18-2003, 04:56 PM
also not sure where the footboard is. ours is wobbly depending on which area on our floor we place it. my husband states that our floors are not level. we bought a floor model at zainy brainy. with tax and the price of the cushion it all added up. i also found a better deal the same day at babycenter for $180 and with free cushion. oh well.

tzuchang
12-19-2003, 07:40 PM
I wasn't talking about the footboard. It's the baseboard that goes horizontally between the two sides (main frame). It's very close to the floor, and it's being referred as the baseboard in the manual.