PDA

View Full Version : Looking for bath tub for 6 month old, I am currently using the safe bather,...

pastaff65
12-17-2003, 10:25 AM
outgrowing it. I bought the First Years 4 stage bath system but after reading reviews online I am thinking of returning it. Any suggestions or experience with any other infant tubs out there? TIA, Patty

amp
12-17-2003, 11:18 AM
Just a thought, but at 6 mths, do you need a baby bath? We bath our son in several places...in the kitchen sink, in the shower with us, and in the regular tub either sitting with or with just a towel to lay on with a shallow amount of water. Sorry I can't help more with a tub suggestion.

khakismom
12-17-2003, 01:16 PM
Not that I pay alot of attention to the suggested ages on toys and other baby items, but if you look at most baby tubs, they say "up to 6 months". I think the only one to go beyond is the EuroBath, which I have heard is an excellent tub that gets rave reviews. You might try a blow-up tub (sometimes called a "snug tub"). We have one--used it with our DD#1--and love it! It makes a good transition to the big tub, provides cushioning, and allows baby to lay down in a reclining position (with his head on the back of the blow-up tub).

If you are interested in one of these, there are tons of manufacturers that make these--ours is the BRU brand, Especially for Baby. I think they run no more than $6, but I could be wrong because I bought mine 2 years ago. HTH! :)

pale_ale
12-17-2003, 01:18 PM
I second the post above. At first, when DD1 was a newborn through about 3 months, we used the Leachco safer bather INSIDE the baby bath tub, and then we graduated to simply filling the adult tub with a few inches of water, and used the safer bather by itself in the adult tub. I recommend trying this approach. When when she could sit up without support, we just put her in the adult tub without the sponge insert. Also, similar to the above post, at around 4 or 5 mos we started taking her in the shower with us (for us it took two -- one parent in the shower and one parent outside the shower!) to get her accustomed to water on her head/face -- and that has been really nice b/c I don't anticipate any issues with head rinsing/shampooing as she gets older.

GL!

Becky
with Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

amp
12-17-2003, 01:20 PM
We need two for the shower bathing too, so we just do that one on weekends usually.

JElaineB
12-19-2003, 10:13 AM
I also use the inflatable Snug Tub and have been using it since DS outgrew his infant tub. It fits nicely in the tub, provides cushioning and is just the right size for DS. Plus it is easier on my back because he sits up higher than if I put him directly in the big tub. I think I got mine from BabyCenter.com for around $15.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02