View Full Version : aprica questions---where to find them!!?
01-17-2005, 01:56 PM
Thanks to the advice of the people here I am very interested in the aprica.
Couple of questions?
1. Which model- do people prefer?
2. Do any work with a car seat?
and most importantly
3. those of you who have one, were you able to see it in real like? where are they sold. i can not even find aprica's own website?
01-17-2005, 04:32 PM
1. I don't remember the older model we had but now we have a Promenade and LOVE it! I am sure lots of people are getting sick of me recommending it!! I think the older one was called "City" something, but I can't be sure. It was back in 1992 I think. It was very similar to the Pram First though.
2. I don't think any are car seat compatable, but that wasn't important to me at all.
3. I was able to see it and buy it from a retailer about 20 miles away from me. The website is www.apricausa.com if you need to find a retailer.
01-17-2005, 09:02 PM
1.- I own 2, the Quantum Royale which is a carriage style model, and the Super Zap Prestige which is a full feature, lightweight, compact from their top of line. I love the features on each, and could recommend both highly depending on the age of the baby and usage. The feel is different between the two, and many people do not like the feel of either. I really love the way the push and work.
2.- I was able to fit the Fisher Price Stay in View in the seat of both models when I tried awhile back. I never used it this way since I did not have an infant at the time. I am not a travel system fan/user, this is such a shortlived feature. I would think a strap could be used if you chose to attach a seat, but it would be up to the user.
3.-Website- www.apricausa.com No, I was not able to try them IRL. I had seen and pushed them previously, but when I decided to buy one, I could not. I decided to purchase used (figured it wouldn't be so bad to "eat" my losses this way), then liked it so much I purchased a second one new. They will be two strollers I will miss when I dissolve my collection.
I had one before it was stolen off my porch the night before Halloween (grrrrr!). I liked it a lot, but since I got it for a great price on clearance at BRU, I didn't repurchase it. So...I did see it IRL before I purchased one. I had the Sprint Royale model, which was one of the lowest-end ones. I really liked it -- and more importantly, so did my son! -- but I did NOT like the teeny wheels, which when compounded with its natural "sway" made it handle cracked city sidewalks and/or uneven surfaces badly.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.