PDA

View Full Version : The Chicco C5 -- opinions, and how does it compare to Mac Quest?

DAKnits
07-19-2005, 09:23 AM
I just saw this at my local BRU (it's not on line yet), and it looks to have most of the features of the Mac Quest. Has anyone used this? How would you compare the two?

daniele_ut
07-19-2005, 09:35 AM
I was just about to post the same question. I saw the C5 at a BRU in St. Louis yesterday. The seat seemed to sit more upright than a Quest and I liked the recline mechanism. The sunshade still seemed pretty skimpy, but no worse than the Quest.

jschoff
08-14-2005, 09:11 AM
Bump. I was wondering the same thing. I was looking for a lightweight, portable stroller with recline for my 4-month-old son for under $100. I went to BRU to buy the Chicco Tuscany and they didn't have it -- all they had was the C5 instead. Is this a replacement for the Tuscany? It seems to have most of the same features... Any input would be appreciated.

Jill

DisneyLovnMom
08-15-2005, 12:26 AM
We tried it out, I couldn't get over the seat angle, it was strange, it had a rounded edge to the back of the seat. DD hated it! I think we're just used to the well defined seat back on our Pegs.

ykc
08-15-2005, 10:21 AM
I just went to BRU for the 2nd time to check out their strollers.

I didn't notice the seat angle of the C5 (I don't think my kids care that much--maybe they're just slouchy children). The fold is very similar to the Mac, but you need to manually lock it shut. The leg rest flips up, instead of having the bars that slide out; it tends to pop up a little even when it's supposed to be folded down. The salesman (who actually seemed to be fairly knowledgeable) told me that he liked the Tuscany, which was the C5's predecessor, better partially because of the leg rest issue. But honestly, I don't think it would really get in the way of a bigger child's legs. The basket is maybe a tad more accessible, but barely. The canopy is probably similar. The handles are similar. I don't remember how easily it reclines. I think it either weighs the same or maybe 1 pound less, but it is only good to 37lbs, whereas the Quest is good to 55lbs. Basically, it's a knock-off of the Quest. It doesn't steer as smoothly, but seems like a decent quality stroller. I don't know how well it will stand up to the daily knocks of stroller life.

I went with a 2004 Quest b/c I found the denim check for $124, including shipping, which is only a little bit more than the C5 and cheaper than a 2005 Triumph, which was our other choice.

HTH.