PDA

View Full Version : rocket by bumbleride?

ccommer
07-20-2005, 09:52 PM
hi--does ayone have this stroller or have any info on it? i have been looking around a little, it is $290, so a little cheaper than some of the others.
i want a good stroller for walking, and have liked the jogging type with the "swivel" wheel in front. i want something that i can take into the mall as well.
right now i just have a graco travel system stroller, so how much of a difference will i notice pushing a jogging type stroller.
this is my last child, he is 4 mo old and my older one is 5.
anyway would love some advice from the stroller experts.
thanks--chris

knaidel
07-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Did you do a search in the old posts? A few people have it.

elliput
07-21-2005, 09:10 AM
Have it, love it!

The Rocket is a very nice stroller. It pushes great one-handed, has glided over every type of terrian I have been able to throw at it (un-even pavement, bumpy lawns/fields, gravel paths, etc). The upholstery is completely removable and washable (I haven't had to wash it yet so I am not sure how easily it comes off or on). My DD often falls asleep when we are out for walks in it, so I would say that it is very comfy for baby.

HTH!

Severine
07-30-2005, 06:47 PM
I LOVE the Bumbleride Rocket that I have (and it took quite a bit of convincing to get DH to come around and let me buy it). It steers so easily. I walk with our dog that pulls all the time and I've had no problems maneuvering the stroller while handling our dog. It's a bit heavier than the Zooper z-Street that we have and it does take up quite a bit of space in the back of our truck (although no more space than a folded up Graco Metrolite LE), but it's worth it. It rides wonderfully and I've even used it shopping! The basket underneath is pretty big and totally accessible, even when the seat is fully reclined. I was afraid it would be too much for the mall, but I didn't really have any problems getting around with it (it's smaller than double strollers, after all! ;) ) and it certainly turned some heads. I don't know how you are height wise, but I'm 5'5" and DH is 6'4" and the handle easily adjusts to be comfortable for both of us.

ellies mom
07-31-2005, 01:04 AM
So what did you say to Dh to get him to come around? I'm dying to replace our jogging stroller with the Bumbleride but DH just isn't going for it. I even offered to make it my Christmas present and to just tell everyone to chip in on it.

Severine
07-31-2005, 01:27 AM
Well, he had promised to get me a glider for late night feedings... I had to give that up to get the Rocket. But it was well worth it, IMHO. I LOVE that stroller! In the 1st week I had it, it rained every day so I even set it up in our tiny apartment and wheeled DD from room to room in it, having her take an afternoon nap in it. :) I had to show I was using it, after all! ;)

In the end, he has come around on it. He really isn't fond of our Zooper z-Street and has found that he likes the Rocket much better since it's more comfy for him to steer and it feels sturdier. Plus it rides so much better on the "off-road" than the z-Street.

Sorry I couldn't help more... all I can suggest is careful negotiation. DH wasn't fond at all of forking over that kind of money for a stroller but it wasn't so bad when I exchanged something else of pretty much equal value that he was planning on getting me for it. I think your idea of having everyone chip in to get it for you for Christmas is a great idea! I'm surprised your DH didn't go for that...men always seem to hate Christmas shopping, after all. ;) Good luck!!