PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone compare a zippy to a metrolite?

Melanie
07-21-2005, 11:41 PM
I'm so frustrated with my reversible-handle stroller search (and Compass' total LACK of customer service before they even have my money). I know Dh will kick the zippy...and I KNOW the graco reputation (I had a HUGE graco with Ds) but my friend just loves her Metrolite so much, so I just go for it? I'd hate to spend so much more on a Zippy and not like it either.

DAKnits
07-22-2005, 11:18 PM
I bought and returned the Metrolite which I had bought for a trip. I hated it. It's very bulky, and tippy on top of it all. Poor quality. You will like the Zippy, but why not try a P3? If you think DH will kick the Zippy, get the P3 which is virtually the same stroller, but has adjustable handlebars that your DH can use so that he doesn't kick the stroller! Plus you get a child tray :-)

Melanie
07-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Anyone I have known who has the P3 didn't like it.

Thanks for your feedback!

HannaAddict
07-22-2005, 11:38 PM
I would try the Zippy then. We like it and don't kick it. I'm 5'11" and husband just over 6' and we don't kick the back. It does have an amazing fold and has held up to the airlines. Great colors these days. I bought classic (or boring) Navy. A snack tray wasn't important to us (but a cupholder would have been a luxury). If you can wait a bit I bet they will go on sale soon. We bought ours "end of the model year" from a retailer online and saved a bundle.

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

sobers3
07-23-2005, 03:51 AM
If you like the Zippy, but are concerned that it doesn't have a tray, the Twingles Tray will work just fine on it. HTH Mary

my3fallkiddos
07-23-2005, 09:16 AM
I have a P3 and a Graco MetroLite and both are good strollers. The ease of getting to the basket on the Graco is so much better over the P3. I've had both the same amount of time (bought both in the same month over a year ago) and both have held up fine.

I'm surprised someone said the Metrolite was tippy... maybe they are thinking the CitiLite? The MetroLite is a very solid stroller.

Carrie
EDD w/#3 9/20/05

DAKnits
07-23-2005, 08:16 PM
No, it is the Metrolite that was tippy. I couldn't take my DD who was 10 months old out of the stroller without it tipping, and I HAD to remove the tray in order to get her out -- she weighed 18 lbs at the time and is a big baby. I absolutely hated the bulky feel and fold of the Metrolite -- IMO it doesn't hold a candle to the P3. I returned the Metrolite and would never buy a Graco again. Incidentally, I also have a Citilite which I bought before I knew anything about strollers and before I found StrollerSwap, and use that around the nieghborhood for walks when I don't feel like getting my stroller out of the car.