PDA

View Full Version : Mac Volo or SC Micro ... which would you get and why?

DAKnits
07-21-2005, 11:52 PM
Forgetting price (this would not be a deciding factor for me to buy one over the other -- but, of course, I want to find the best price for the one I decide on), which would you get, the Mac Volo (with the padding) or the SC Micro? What are the pros and cons of each? I have never seen the Volo in person. Which is most comfy for the baby?

THANKS! And if you know of any bargains for either, I would sooo appreciate the info. I checked my local Marshalls and TJ Maxx, BTW, and they have no Volos.

And I tried the StrollerSwap Board -- no luck finding a Micro from the moving sale. (Of course, I just sold my Micro from the moving sale, so it's a little ironic having to consider one again, especially since the next day after I sold it, my mom asked if she could buy it off of me to give to her best friend's grandchild!). And I never tested out the Micro I purchased, so unfortunately, I don't know how the Micro pushes either.

bubbaray
07-21-2005, 11:59 PM
I love my Micro. Its the only stroller in the fleet that DD actually ASKS to get into! I haven't seen the '05 Volo IRL, so I can't really compare, but I can tell you I'm super happy with my Micro.

Happy shopping!

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

kijip
07-22-2005, 12:38 AM
I have not been too impressed over the long haul with my SC Micro.. Yes mine did break and SC did fix it but the steering just does not do it for me- hard to turn, wheels catch. I mostly stroll outside so that might be influencing my opinion...FWIW, I did not like the 2003 Volo I tried either. But my problem may be that I need for stroller than either one is---bigger wheels for a smoother ride, recline etc. SO if you are not going to be using always outside you will like both better than me?

Niki_n_Abby
07-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Micro hands down. I love my Micro and chose it over the Volo because it has larger wheels which to me make it much easier to push/steer especially outside. I've taken this thing everywhere and it has never let me down. Also, like a PP, my dd actually asks to ride in it. It is also slightly lighter then the Volo fully loaded so that was a plus too.

HTH!
Niki

npace19147
07-22-2005, 01:11 PM
We also went with the Micro b/c of the larger wheels. We live in a city and it takes a lot of abuse, for an umbrella stroller it's holding up well. It's not as smooth a ride as our Bob Revolution, say, but it's also at least half the size and weight.

We did buy an extra set of pads for the seats to make it more comfortable for DD, and now she seems much happier in it.

heatherlynn
07-22-2005, 06:53 PM
I think it depends on how you plan to use it. If outside, then I'd probably go with the Micro for the bigger tires. If inside, then the Volo for better steering and manueverability. Otherwise, I think they are pretty much the same, IMO.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
and #3 edd 11/05 (it's a girl!)

DAKnits
07-22-2005, 07:09 PM
I would be using this indoors ... if I was to be "walking" outdoors, I would use a walking/jogging stroller which I am planning on getting (the Bob Stroller Strides). So this would be an errand stroller.

heatherlynn
07-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Hey there,

Then I think you'd be fine with either and should look for the best deal.

Good luck!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

DAKnits
07-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Hi all!

Thanks for all your input. I think that since I am really using this as an indoor stroller, the Mac Volo would be slightly better for my needs! I just ordered one, and can't wait to use it!

:-)

heatherlynn
07-23-2005, 05:47 AM
Congrats!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04