PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Peg in Safari fabric???

Tondi G
07-22-2005, 07:17 PM
curious if you find it gets dirty faster??? I am thinking the more cottony fabric will be cooler than say the black sable which feels more Nylon to me.... does that seem right? For some reason I make sweaty little boys (Aidna hates his snugride and seems to be sweaty hot even when it's cool) and I am always looking for ways to keep them cooler in hot So. Cal! So what are your opinions? would you buy the safari again given the option?

thanks
~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

DAKnits
07-22-2005, 07:34 PM
I am in Miami, FL -- it doesn't get any hotter or more humid than here! I have Safari -- I love it! It does not get dirty faster, in fact it's perfectly clean. The only time it got dirty is when I allowed my daughter to eat cookies and turkey in the stroller. I just took off the fabric and put it in the wash on hand wash, and washed it in Dreft, and it came out looking brand new.

stuff714
07-22-2005, 11:26 PM
I have a P3 in Safari in So. Cal (which lately has been ridiculously hot). I do like the fabric better than the Black Sable. I had a Primo Viaggio in Black Sable and my daughter was always sweating in it (and she was born in November). Mine has not gotten too dirty. I have flown with it several times and it looks great. It does have a little black mark on the hood where it was lying up against the wheel of my Bugaboo in the back of my car. I haven't tried to clean it. That is probably the only thing I wish was different, The canopy on the Safari Venezia is black instead of tan. I think that would stay cleaner better but Oh well. It is a great stroller. I have never seen another Safari P3 when out and about, which I like. I see Black Sable, Newport, and Metallica everywhere. Hope that helps.

stonecali
07-23-2005, 12:26 AM
I have a sweaty baby and the P3 Safari AND live in SoCal. In fact, I almost didn't get it because I had the same concerns about it getting dirty. I'm glad I did - it isn't dirty at all so far (I've only had it for 4 months but I use it A LOT). I do have some small black scuffs on the tan part of the hood from putting it in the car (like the PP mentioned), but I don't think anyone but me notices it. I think it will get dirty over time but the fabric seems much more breathable and less hot than the Black Sable.

Tondi G
07-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Thanks Ladies.... I think it's going to be a Safari P3 for us then! We'll be one of the few in so cal pushing one around too!!!!

~Tondi

caridura
07-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Just wanted to add that I have a P3 in Safari and also live in a HOT state (FL). I keep mine in the trunk and so far it just has a small dark mark from Dh throwing something on top of it. I haven't tried to clean it (it's on the hood) but I doubt it will be hard to clean.

The rest of the stroller is in perfect shape and DD loves it. I don't think she's gotten sweaty in it yet! I love mine and also have yet to see another Safari P3 while I'm out and about. ;)