PDA

View Full Version : Quinny Freestyle 3 XL

bluhimmy
07-23-2005, 03:15 AM
Does anyone have a Quinny Freestyle 3XL? I saw the amazing pricing on it at Walmart.com and it's got me curious. Owners of this stroller, please do review.

Thanks!
Diana

salrich
07-23-2005, 09:40 AM
I recently ordered one from ebay. Same stroller, just a little cheaper. I will post a review when I receive it.

golfgirl12_27
07-23-2005, 02:07 PM
I am interested in this stroller as well. I made a post asking about it a couple of weeks ago. I'll see if I can find a link to it. I still think I'm going to get it. The shipping isn't bad so I think I'm going to order it. If I don't like it I can take it back to the store (at least I think you can still do that, I've ordered online and returned in store before). Can't wait to hear what the previous poster has to say about it.

milesmom
07-23-2005, 02:30 PM
FWIW... this stroller was very, very popular here in the Netherlands a year or two ago, but today it seems like everyone is buying the Quinny Buzz instead (one of Quinny's newer models).

youngs97
07-23-2005, 08:39 PM
I ordered this stroller when DD was about 4 months old for long walks around the neighborhood and beach. When I first got it, I must admit, I wasn't crazy about it. It isn't great at all for the beach (especially loose sand). It does so-so on the packed sand closer to the water. It is quite heavy and not something you want to take in and out of the trunk, I have a quest for that purpose. I have started using the stroller more this summer and I must say the more I use it the more I love it. I love how the front wheel can lock or tilt. We keep it in the tilt position and it handles very well. DD falls asleep within five minutes and seems very comfortable. It has a great sunshade. The basket is hard to get to, but there is a large pocketr on the back of the seat that holds all I need. It has a great recline. I really like the color (looks cornflower blue in person). The only thing I would change about this stroller is the weight. For the price, I think its great. I'm not a runner, so I have no idea how it is for runs...sorry! Anyway, I hope this helps...if you have other questions, please ask! Here's a pic of DD in it at 4 months...

newmomto1
07-23-2005, 09:54 PM
When you say that the front wheel "tilts"...do you mean that the front wheel can swivel??
TIA :-)

golfgirl12_27
07-23-2005, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the review. Your DD is adorable!!

I think I'm going to go for it for sure now. I mean, you can't beat the price. I do have a Volo for my indoor errands, so that's covered.

Are the wheels like real tires? That's pretty much my only question.

Thanks again,
Suz
dd- Sophia 01.12.05

bluhimmy
07-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the review. BTW, you DD looks adorable in the stroller! :o)

bluhimmy
07-24-2005, 04:35 PM
I was looking at the ebay price too...

Will you be using the stroller for jogging/running too? Just curious since that's would DH wants.

youngs97
07-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Thanks. No, the wheel doesn't swivel. I don't really know how to describe it. It can be locked so it is stationary or it tilts. It just makes it easy to go around curves because it kind of leans in the direstion you steer (front wheel only). I know that is a terrible description. I'm attaching a couple of pics so you can see. I'm pushing the wheel as far as it will go to either side. It doesn'y go all the way around like a swivel wheel does. And yes, it has air tires and comes with a pump (I don't think it says that in the description on walmart.com).

Oh, please excuse the camera strap hanging in the pics. I need to work on my photography skills!

salrich
07-25-2005, 12:22 PM
I just received my Quinny and I have only used it once. So far, I really like it.

The color is great. Cornflower blueish – very cute. There are lots of reflectors and there is a fixed foot plate above the front tire. It has air tires and comes with a pump. The front tire can be locked or set to tilt. It doesn’t swivel but tilts from side to side to allow you to turn, etc…

The canopy is great. It has mesh sides and a peek a boo window. There is a small lower basket and two pockets on the back. It reclines with a strap system that is easy to use yet secure. The seat seems very cushy and my seven month old daughter appears comfortable. There is also a pillow and the handle is adjustable.

There is a hand brake, a foot brake and a tether strap. Folding takes two hands but is fairly compact for a jogging stroller. It is a lot bigger than my Zippy but I expected that from a jogging stroller.

I did a ton of research on a jogging “lite� stroller and am VERY happy with this purchase. I think it is comparable to a BOB at half the price. There wasn’t another stroller out there that offered so many options at such a reasonable price and the quality appears to be top notch. Time will tell how it holds up.

I feel like the Freestyle is a great deal particularly if you aren’t a serious runner but want something to exercise with. I will use it for light jogs and daily walks. I don’t plan to use the Quinny as my everyday stroller but it will definitely fit in my trunk if I decide to take it to the park or such.

Feel free to ask me any questions. If my opinion changes at all, I will update my post.

Oh, I ordered mine off ebay and it appears to be the same stroller offered on walmart’s website.

golfgirl12_27
07-25-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks so much for the great review!

I really need to order one now, but I better wait until my DH leaves (he travels) because he hates when I buy more baby stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluhimmy
07-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the great review. We're going to use it for the same purpose as you are so it's helpful to hear your feedback on it. I was just about to ask what color you ordered off ebay; the cornflower blue is very pretty :o)

On your one trip out with the stroller, did you test jog with it?

salrich
07-25-2005, 06:39 PM
Thanks. I am glad the review is helpful.

I have jogged a bit with the stoller and it rides well. My daughter seemed very comfy and the steering was great. I didn't lock the front wheel and the stroller was sturdy and smooth.

It is really easy to push. I have walking daily with our Zippy and our trips in the Quinny have been so much quicker.

We encountered a wind storm near the end of our walk today and the canopy protected my daughter and the stroller didn't tip when there were some pretty serious wind gusts and I was trying to take corners to get home.

The only negative thing I have noticed is when taking it up stairs, if you lean it back really far, it tips a little. That didn't bother me much as I will always be behind the stroller in that situation and I quickly readjusted it.

bluhimmy
07-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Thanks so much. Looks like this will be a "buy" for us. :o)