PDA

View Full Version : Combi Savvy Soho Stroller

Maria K
07-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Does anyone own this lightweight stroller? I'd love to make this our only stroller once baby outgrows the infant car seat and is using a convertable... compact, light, carrying strap.
Anyone have feedback?
- Maria

christinemc23
07-25-2005, 08:15 AM
I have it, but I haven't used it yet. I am not due for a few weeks. I read great things about it, and a friend of mine has one and loves it, so that is why I got it already as a shower gift. Sorry that I can't be of more help.

tiapam
07-25-2005, 09:55 PM
Have you searched for previous posts on this stroller? I don't have it but I do have a Combi Ultra Savvy for the car. I am a Combi fan because of the trifold thing they do (though not all of their strollers do this). The US is basically a fancier, wider version of the Savvy Soho. Anyway, check previous posts and try to check out strollers (Combi and non-Combi) in real life. You may find later that you really can't get by with only one stroller. It depends on your lifestyle and where you live. I do think the Savvy Soho only reclines partially. If you want a better recline, I think the DX and the City Savvy recline more. But it's confusing so I may be wrong!

HTH.

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004

audys
07-26-2005, 12:32 PM
Hi Maria, Be sure to test drive this stroller! I keep looking at the Combi because of it's excellent reputation. In my case, I keep hitting the stroller with my feet when I walk and I can't get over that enough to buy a Combi. I'm only 5'2" so DH at 6' would have an even harder time. I don't have this problem with the Maclaren, Peg perego and even Graco. Just food for thought,

Audrey, mother to Graham

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040210/0/5/1/-6/.png (http://lilypie.com)

tinainsala
07-26-2005, 07:46 PM
We have one and I don't mind it...I love it's so lightweight.
But, my dh hates it because he kept kicking/ hitting the stroller when pushing it. Also, he finds the handles to be too low. We use it mainly as our travel stroller because it folds up so well but I did notice on our last trip that it wasn't the best ride- didn't handle the sidewalk bumps very well. A couple of times, ds would've gone flying from stopping short if he wasn't strapped in. One of my friends has another Combi - Deluxe or Ultra or something along those lines and they love it. And the partial recline was an issue for us when ds was younger but now it's a non-issue.

Edit to add: However, ds seems comfortable in it, he naps fine and climbs into it now, ready to go! Plus we've used the speakers with an iPod- worked wonders on a couple of long outings.

And the basket isn't very big and if the stuff in it has some weight, the basket will drag down and along the ground because it's made of cloth. And there's no tray for the baby, another non-issue for us now that ds is older but was a problem a few months ago.

HTH!
Tina

ptlath2
08-07-2005, 12:24 AM
>I've been doing a lot of research on the matter because a light weight stroller is important to me too. I have decided to register for the Combi City Savvy Stroller which weighs 11lbs. It costs $100 and has a full recline. It also now has an infant carseat that can be attached (The Combi Connection) but is a bit pricey at $150.00. Still we are thinking of going with the Combi Connection Car seat because it is a bit bigger than the Graco Snugride (Another car seat that has gotten good ratings.) Again, haven't used it yet but am hopeful....