PDA

View Full Version : E3 - Accessories

jay
07-25-2005, 07:55 AM
Judging by the flurry of posts regarding the E3 recently, it seems like a bunch of us received the latest shipment from NZ. So I'm wondering what accessories you guys are getting?
So far, I bought:
Second child toddler seat
Travel package (allows you to put the carseat on the E3) - I haven't actually used it yet though - I wonder if it will be a pain to strap it on. Does anyone else have this? What do you think? I may return it.

Thinking about buying:
Sunshade - I heard mixed reviews about it though (UV protection is low, really dark) - Did anyone find a better alternative?
Rain Cover - Useful
BOB Console - Probably will buy but since we have it in the handle bars in the higher mode still looking at alternatives.

So far I love the sporty look of the E3!

ekbecker1
07-25-2005, 08:21 AM
I got one from the new shipment too. LOVE IT!

I bought the doubles seat too.

I did not buy the car seat adaptor because my snugride is a 2001 and none of the newer adaptors seem to work on older models.

For the sunshade, I read earlier posts from people recommending a fabric called "solarveil" and just draping it over the canopy. I'm going to give that a try. I have a UV cover with my Zooper and it seems to make things awfully hot and stuffy inside that stroller.

I did not buy a raincover. I never used my Zooper rain cover with #1. I'm a wimp so if it rains or even looks like rain, I head home.

I ordered the BOB console and it should arrive today. Can't wait to try it out.

I'm tempted to buy the cocoon - I saw one in person and it looks so cozy and fits just perfectly inside the newborn bed. The only problem is that #2 is due in late September and I think he/she might be too big for it by the time the weather gets cold enough to use it. I have a smiliar product that I used in my Zooper. I should just use that instead of buying a whole new thing. Another alternative that other posters recommend is the lilliebaby - similar to the cocoon but has more uses.

I think I'm going to buy a snuzzler for the baby too.

I'm not sure if this counts as a stroller accessory, but I'm thinking of buying a SkipHop duo to hang off the back. Not sure if the red Skip Hop will match the red e3, but I hope it's close. A lot of people say it's a good sunshade for the back rider too.

I think that's all. . .good luck with your new stroller!

jay
07-25-2005, 10:21 AM
I got the red one too!
The sunshade - "Solarveil" is a fabric I have seen on slings but I don't know wear to buy it, do you? I tried just draping a large summer crocheted blanket over it but it kept falling off. It was really annoying. If I decide to by the solarveil fabric I need to figure out a way to secure it...
BOB consolde - where did you order the BOB console?
I have the snuzzler - it is a worthy investment. I use it in infant mode on the carseat and the bouncy chair - sometimes I let him lie on it for tummy time as well. I would definitely get that.
I almost bought the cocoon or lilliebaby - but my baby is already 1 month old right now - I don't think he has much use for it. If he was a winter baby I would definitely buy it.

Sandy
07-25-2005, 12:12 PM
I have a red E3 too. I have the toddler seat, 2 pannier bags, and occassionally use a red skip hop. I plan on getting the BOB console but have not had a chance yet. I am probably going to get the Rain Cover as it rains in Seattle so much. I didn't get the car seat adapter. Marisa is so comfortable in the newborn mode and I don't like to leave her in her car seat.

As far as the solarveil fabric you can purchase it through their website. The URL is below.

http://www.solarveil.com/fabric.asp

HTH,
Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02
& Marisa Mia 4/23/05

ekbecker1
07-25-2005, 12:58 PM
I can't believe I forgot to mention the pannier bags!! I want to order them, but everyone seems to be out of stock right now. I think some websites have the gray ones, but I'm in no hurry so I'm going to wait until the red ones come in. Any suggestions for a good site to buy them from?

To the previous poster, I bought my BOB console from mystrollers.com. It was $18.99 and free shipping. That was the lowest price I found anywhere.

Also, the post I read originally about the solarveil fabric said that there are some velcro tabs that are on the stroller for some other reason, but they work perfectly to hold the fabric in place. I've got to go back and find that post eventually...

jay
07-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Did you buy the fabric or the Sun Sheet? How much fabric should we buy to fit the E3 to accomendate the second toddler seat?

Here is the link to the Sun Sheet
http://www.solarveil.com/133.asp

Did you find the pannier bags to be very useful? I can't decide on whether I should buy that or not...Haven't seen on in real life, how different is it from a diaper bag (I currently have a Black Ellington and a red Un de Apres Chien).

houseof3boys
07-25-2005, 02:44 PM
You can get the BOB console at REI if you have one locally they have them in stock!

Sandy
07-25-2005, 04:02 PM
I would get the fabric. The sunsheet is $22.00 and the fabric is $10.00 per yard and you can cut it to fit exactly. You can then buy some velcro and use it to attach to the existing velcro tabs on the stroller.

I really like the Pannier bags. They attach to the sides of the stroller so they can hold a ton of stuff and I don't need to have a diaper bag or if you don't need them I just squish them down small. With the diaper bags that you have you would either have to put them in the basket, find a way to attach it to the handles or carry the diaper bag.

HTH,
Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02
& Marisa Mia 4/23/05

jay
07-26-2005, 08:55 AM
This is a dumb question - buy how many yards to we have to buy to drape both the stroller in double mode? Did you end up getting the black or white? I wonder if the black will be too dark?

MamaParis
07-26-2005, 09:49 AM
The panniers only come in gray! ;)

MamaParis
07-26-2005, 09:54 AM
With our e3 we have

Stroller
Doubles seat
Double rain cover
single sun cover
BOB console
Panniers
Cocoon

I personally think that the carseat adapter is useless for this stroller. IMO if youre going to bother with taking it out and setting it up - you may as well just put the baby straight into the newborn bed - more space and healthier for the baby! ;)

We LOVE our Pannier bags ... they hold a LOT and they don't add a lot of width to the stroller and everything is easy to access in them - no funbling around bags in the basket and so on.

The BOB console is awesome - fits perfect - holds two drinks and has a spot for my phone, keys, etc.

The Coccon is awesome for a winter/fall/early spring baby - too hot IMO for a summer baby - but otherwise its Nice! :)

The rain cover is awesome for when you get caught in the rain - it rains a lot here - we use it a lot!

And we got the single sun cover - after returning the double - because I find that the front seat is the one that needs it the most and my older child rides in back - so she likes to hop in and out - so we got the single and it suits us just fine! :)

And just in case the other poster didn't see my other post ... the panniers only come in gray ... so don't hold out for the reds! ;)

Paris

ekbecker1
07-26-2005, 10:03 AM
Thanks, Paris!

I'm curious - how old are your children? I'm hoping my older one will want to ride in the back too - he'll be 2 when #2 arrives.

I've read that the stroller can be tippy if you have a child in the back but not in the front. I'm thinking that my older child is going to want to walk sometimes and also, if we're at the park it would be nice to leave the baby in the stroller while DS is out playing. If he likes the back seat, I could have the baby in the front seat and that would work well.

MamaParis
07-26-2005, 10:44 AM
2.5 and 1 years old.
I've had our e3 since DS was born a year ago.

My kids are basically the same weight - but even when they weren't I never found it to be tippy with the heavier kid in back.
I guess if you had a 30 lber back there and the younger 15 lber up front then it could possibly be tippy ... but I've tried it out with bigger kids in back and lighter in front and its fine IMO.
You notice that it may be a little tippy when going up curbs and so on, but your hands are on the stroller anyway for those instances.

I've never had our E3 tip back on us - even if my oldest rides in the back seat alone ... she won't ride in the front she - she LOVES the back seat! lol But Even when the front seat is empty and she's in the back its not tippy IMO.

When I had the E3 in newborn/toddler mode DD had to be up front and its not tippy at ALL like that!
The baby could stay in the stroller while DD ran around and played and so on.

When DS turned about 4 months old I started to put him in the back seat - which quickly because my oldest childs preferred seat - so the 4 month old was put in front and DD in back.

I don't run with the E3 - thats what my jogger is for! ;) - so I'm not sure how the bigger kid in back.smaller in frnt would work for running or REALLY rugged off-roading.
But for the mall its perfectly fine as well as for neighborhood and the park where we have to go through grass, gravel, sand, hills, bumps, etc.

jay
07-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Thanks that was super helpful. Regarding the Pannier Bag - are there straps on it so in case we want to use it as a diaper bag we can?

MamaParis
07-26-2005, 03:08 PM
No, Just velcro pieces where you attach it to the stroller - and its some STRONG velcro too- cause I stuff those puppies like a thanksgiving turkey!

And there is a handle on the back that you can use to carry them - but no, there is no strap to make it a diaper bag.

shoppinggal
07-26-2005, 05:35 PM
I love my e3 -I have the following accessories:

Cocoon (the best part of the e3! - im still looking into a snuzzler)
double seat (for future children)
bug/sunshield (i like it - it makes the stroller look even cooler)
rainshield (must have)
parcel tray (useful for closing up stroller and not having things fall out of the bottom)

dont bother with the pannier bags - my sister regrets buying them. youre better off with a skip hop on the side (or back its not in newborn mode)

does anyone have the travel bag? what do they think? if it a must have for airplanes?