PDA

View Full Version : I cannot open my brand new P3. Are they hard to open to anyone else?

jordan1212
07-28-2005, 09:45 AM
My husband can do it, but I can't. It is driving me nuts, I feel like returning it. I mean I have a $300 stroller that I cannot take anywhere.

hobokenmom
07-28-2005, 11:17 AM
I hope I can help you. First off, are you trying to do it with one hand or two? It's quite difficult to do with one hand, so you may want to try with both hands.

Next, when you pull up on the gray levers on each handle, you can sort of flip (or shake) the stroller open. The toddler footboard will be in an inverted V shape, and you can push down on that if you have to to make it straight across. The last thing you need to do is to push down on the seat to double check that the stroller is "clicked" open and secure.

I hope I helped. It just takes a little practice.

Good luck!!

MomTo5
07-28-2005, 11:21 AM
Oh don't take it back! I couldn't live without my P3. All you have to do is pull up on both the levers at the same time. While doing this sort of shake it out and then put your foot on the footboard and push it down to lock it into place. It sounds more difficult than it is. Once you get the hang of it you can do it in no time flat. It literally takes me about 2 seconds to open mine. Trust me, once you start using it you will LOVE it!! HTH.

Melissa

Alys the Cat
07-28-2005, 03:44 PM
Don't return it! I absolutely LOVE my P3, although it did take a few tries to get the hang of it. You've gotten wonderful advice from PPs -- give it another shot! :)

ajrivers
07-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Make sure you have unlatched the little black "catches" on the sides or you won't have any luck...

jordan1212
07-28-2005, 05:32 PM
I got it to open, it must be stiff or something in the handle area. It's really hard to close too, I have to take 2 hands to click the left handle bar. Maybe it will loosen up. Thanks for your help.

Smiles81
07-29-2005, 09:27 AM
Spray lemon pledge on the handle area, where the open/close mechanism is. This should loosen it up.
HTH
Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04