PDA

View Full Version : will i be kicking the Zooper Swing or Sport + which better for grass?

lmp
07-28-2005, 06:13 PM
hi This stroller researching is really the most pain in the butt thing I've done in a long time. After sitting at the computer for 5 hours reading others' posts I've narrowed my decision down (I think) to the Zooper Swing or Sport.

The Sport I can buy on ebay but have no way of testing it out and there are no returns. =(

The Swing I think I might like better but I'm afraid of kicking the back. I'm not tall (5'6'') but some of the other strollers I tested (Combi) I kicked the back tires. I guess I have a wide stride. The stroller we registered for didn't give me that problem but the horrible reviews on that sent me here to do more research.

Our other concern is that while we won't be doing any major hiking and things like that, I'd like something that we can push on grass or dirt paths when we go to outdoor concerts and fairs.

Please someone help!
-lee
edd 10/05

littlebit
09-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Wanted to bump this! I would like to know too!

mariza
09-17-2005, 08:23 PM
Combi's are ridiculously short IMO, I really like them and *almost* bought one, but I test drove a few models and kicked them all (I'm 5'6" too)
I think the height of the Zoopers is much better. I have a Zoopair and I think it is an excellent quality stroller. Is the Zooper Sport from Liquid Baby on Ebay? The sports should have air tires except the Cool Zone material, but I beleive the Bubbles print has air tires which will be great on grass. Liquid Baby is also the same as www.overstockbaby.com I would email him through that website instead of Ebay. Even though he only shows 2 strollers on that site, if you email him he will let you know what else he has in stock.

nfowife
09-17-2005, 08:36 PM
I have the swing and I love it! I am short but the handles on the swing are adjustable up/down. I have a long stride and I never kick the back at all. I pretty much only use mine indoors, as I have a Valco for outdoor stuff (currently only walking my neighborhood). My DD is still pretty young so she is still getting used to the stroller for more than 20 minutes at a time. The swing is very soft and plush- I have the black denim. If you want to test it out and don't have a nearby retailer if you have a pottery barn kids their stroller is the swing that zooper made for them in special colors. And the PBK zooper does not have adjustable handles but otherwise it's the same stroller.
Best of luck! I ordered my swing from tinyride.com and was very pleased with my purchase there. I paid about $180 for my swing.

winnypooh
09-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Just thought I'd quickly mention that I know some women that have kicked the swing wheels, but only occasionally, like when running across the street. :)

That being said, the double wheels on the back take some of the stride space away. A stroller like the waltz has only a single rear wheel on each side, which leaves more stride space between the wheels.

littlebit
09-18-2005, 09:42 PM
I hope There is a good space with the Swing!
I just ordered the Brown Denim From TinyLove.
It looks like suede! So Cute.
I have been going back and forth from the zooper swing
to the Bumbleride Flyer, In orange.
I hope I made a good choice!

lmp
09-19-2005, 09:53 AM
since i posted my first message i wound up getting the swing in brown denim. its really cute and while i've only tested it in the backyard, it seems like it will suit my needs very well. i happened to find a used one (only 2 months old) on ebay and got a really good deal.