PDA

View Full Version : What is your absolute, hands-down, FAVORITE double stroller (and why?)

jray
07-28-2005, 10:04 PM
What is your absolute, hands-down, FAVORITE double stroller (and why?)

I'd love to hear your opinions!

I'm expecting another baby - mine will be 18 months apart!! I've been thinking about double strollers forever. I'm just too excited! :)

spongeann
07-29-2005, 01:18 PM
My 2002 Combi just broke (at the airport, no less) and is not repairable.

I have used this stroller less than 20 times with my babies (now toddlers), and Combi just told me (after waiting 30 days and sending 4 separate emails) that they will not replace it because it is out of warranty. They offered to sell me a new one at the oh so wonderful bargain price of $222....I respectfully declined, and am going to continue to pursue this, as it is clearly a defective product and they are not standing behind it.

As you may or may not know, this particular product was riddled with design defects when it came out in 2001, most especially the T bar in the middle breaking. Combi had a very good track record of taking care of their customers when this happened, regardless of whether or not the stroller was in warranty. They are now not doing this for me, and I am incensed.

FYI, the design defect is in the knob that sticks up from the frame that attaches the cup holders to the stroller frame. Mine snapped in half when I leaned over to pick my son out of the stroller. Because the knob is attached to the stroller frame rather than the rubber part (cup holders) that attaches to the frame, when it breaks you are out of luck.

Moral of the story......do not buy this stroller at any price. You would be better off buying a $49 umbrella stroller!

Good luck; I hope you make a better choice than I did!

Mary
aka spongeann

Irish
07-29-2005, 10:40 PM
The e3v2 by Phil and Ted's. I love that it can be a single or a double stroller. Use it all the time and get tons of compliments.

hardysmom
07-30-2005, 09:32 AM
I have 16 mo twins and a 3 yr old and have been through a bunch of doubles-

Overall, my favorite is a 2004 MBUD. While heavier than a lightweight, it is the most flexible and maneuverable, all-around stroller I've found. Personally, the lightweight strollers with smaller wheels (Combi, Peg Aria, etc) don't work at all in my life. I need the all-terrain ability as we spend more time strolling outside than cruising indoors. For example, I need to be able to walk quickly across the grass at the park to catch my 3 yr old. I also like how easy it is to get the kids in/out, particulary as they get more mobile. Snagging shoes off on napper bars drives me crazy.

I also currently use a Phil and Teds E3V1 which is great for tight spots/shopping and times that the MB seems too heavy and a Marco Sky for those times that even the Kiwi might be too big or I need faster in/out access to the babies (doctor appointments, etc). Down side of the Marco Sky is that it can't be steered with one hand, wich is something which is important to me when I have all 3 kids. Neither the Sky nor the Kiwi have decent storage when used with 2 kids.

Stephanie

Stephanie