PDA

View Full Version : Please point me in the right direction...a walking stroller?

linsei
07-28-2005, 11:09 PM
I have a 2004 P3 as my only stroller. I live in the burbs and need a 2nd stroller mostly for exercise (definitely walking, *maybe* some very wimpy jogging). I walk in our neighborhood and also drive to a park.

DH is 6'2" and I'm 5'10". I've noticed when power walking that I kick the P3 and it is really annoying. It really wouldn't hurt if the handles were a little higher than the P3.

DS weighs 28 lbs, is tall, and I would like the stroller to accomodate him until he is not willing to be pushed around. He still naps in the stroller sometimes. We do plan to have another dc sometime in the future.

I have no idea which strollers to check out. Thank you so much for your help!

Linda

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040428/1/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

knaidel
07-29-2005, 01:58 PM
I don't own one, but maybe the Mountain Buggy Urbans (aka MBUS) would work for you? It has a really high weight limit (I think 100 lbs? maybe I made that up though) and I think that the 2005 model has adjustable handles. Or, if you don't need to take it in and out of stores, then one of the less expensive Mountain Buggies would work (they both have fixed front wheels) The other ones are the Breeze and the Terrain. Check out there website to see which one of the models has an adjustable handle
I have no idea how it folds up to take it in the car. Maybe someone else can answer that.
hope that helps you! There are a lot of strollers out there that would work for you, probably, but this is the one that comes to mind (because of the handlebars).

Susann
07-29-2005, 02:58 PM
I don't know if any of the 12" wheelers would be good enough for even "wimpy" jogging, but if you are going for one, I recommend that you check out the new Baby Jogger City single. It folds really small compared to the Mountain Buggy and it has an adjustable handle.

Susann

knaidel
07-29-2005, 03:17 PM
that's an even better suggestion! I wouldn't have thought of that. I'll bet it's less expensive than the mountain buggy, too.

moismom
07-29-2005, 03:48 PM
I do wimpy jogging w/ my mbud all the time. It's fine for up to 4 miles or so. I think most of my issue is more w/ the weight (we live in a hilly neighborhood so pushing 2 kids up the hill while joggin is tough). I would much rather have the flexibility of smaller wheels (much easier to transport in the car) and the ease of front swivel wheels then a larger diameter wheel. Just my 2 cents though, and I'm not a marathoner. The babby jogger city series is very tempting though...although if I had to do it all over again I might have chosen something with the toddler seat since we're thinking of having another.
--Kinsey

Katia
07-29-2005, 04:14 PM
I think you need an E3 to go with your P3 :-)

I have an E3 and use it as you describe. It's great for exercise -- brisk walks over bumpy sidewalks, curbs, etc. Sadly, I've never gotten around to the "wimpy jogging" (good description -- that's exactly my style), but I bought the E3 with that in mind and I think it would be fine.

I also kick the wheels on a P3, but never on the E3. And if you do have another DC, you can add another seat and make it a double!

linsei
07-29-2005, 11:01 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll check those out.

Linda

HannaAddict
07-29-2005, 11:35 PM
I would try the MBUS or BOB Revolution. The BOB has the larger 16" wheels on the back and great suspension. The MBUS is just a generally nice stroller that can do it all, or close. The MBUS has a higher weight limit, but the BOB Revolution fits my very tall son well and feels more like a "jogger." Have fun test driving the strollers.

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

bubbaray
07-29-2005, 11:50 PM
If your son naps in recline mode, go with the MBUS or the e3 or the Valco. If your son is OK napping pretty upright, check out the BOB Revolution. The BOB has a minimal recline, whereas the other 3 have a full recline. If you don't need the recline feature, the BOB would be best for light jogging.

Happy shopping!

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

shopmama
07-30-2005, 12:15 PM
I recommend the MBUS for walking, wimpy jogging, and everyday use. You will not regret it!

linsei
07-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Thanks all! Now I just need to do my research and then try to find these IRL. Yeah, right - that's asking a lot for where I live! ;)

Linda